SDA and sub placement

I had these two nice NIB 12" Aluminum cone DVC (3.25" diameter) subs designed for sealed boxes with a nice xMax of 34mm.

I bought them in 2001 so I figured build some boxes and get a cheap iNuke 6000 DSP (tested at 2500x2@4,1250x2@8) for $350

I built braced boxes and am really enjoying them . Placement has to be even more complex I imagine with SDA.

Anyone that has added subs to SDA's please chime in on placement. There has to be some natural cancellation for instance when placed outside of my 1.2TL's (closest to the out of phase drivers)

Thanks in advance

Wes

They sound crazy good

jmn2znhk2vw1.jpg
9kxdmc3pgob9.jpg
inxy0n6abvbf.jpg
1sarhk429zz9.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Is your Tri-Vista still playing SACD discs?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Yessum, lucky me. A guy on eBay list a replacement laser assembly for it for $50 something.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OPTICAL-LASER-LENS-PICKUP-for-Musical-Fidelity-Tri-Vista-SACD-Spieler-Player-/361486662601

If you buy one and it works let me know, I will post in on another audio BBS.

WES
  • F1nut
    I used to own one, it completely failed as did the one my friend Ted owned. I'm surprised yours is working at all because they are said to have a 100% total failure rate. You might just have the last working Tri-Vista SACD.

I have to say, it sounded fantastic when it worked.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• There are a few. MF did give a good credit to those that had one that died toward the next gen model. I like how well it plays back red book and that it's output is ballsy enough to support a passive linestage The problem was Philips not having replacement transports. Philips has done that to a few manufacturers.

Wes
  • F1nut
    I know all there is to know about that situation.

President of Club Polk