CSi40
PSW 404

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    RIP to a legend..... who was still active in promoting the NHRA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I had both of their car models, hot wheels or whatever brand they were. My older Brother got me to watch and pay attention to them. Besides STP stickers, we wanted the Snake and Mongoose stickers too.

RIP Mr. McEwen!

Thanks for the memories of you and your rivals breaking record after record!! Those were FUN times for sure. Many engineering developments came into being because of you guys and that 1/4 mile strip. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Lot of good memories of the Snake and the Mongoose. From the heart of a huge Snake fan, go in peace Mongoose.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Snake and Mongoose...don't get much better than that rivalry...Heck they even came out with a Hot Wheels set that featured em...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Here's to you Tom.. :D
    https://youtu.be/Y1L5-Sr4JXY
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited June 2018
    Had the "Hot Wheels"...old, not many heroes left. But then I lost my NASCAR guy when I was young. Mark Donohue??? Just can't remember. Had to look it up. I was all about Don Prudhomme.
  • Kingrat
    Kingrat Posts: 74
    McEwen was the first "big time" racer I saw in person, not at the track, but at an LA area restaurant. My friend got an autograph and we talked to him a little while. I saw him several times after that, the last time when he was running the '57 Chevy funny car. He remembered me, which shocked me. I hate to see all the old guys go, but time does march on. The NHRA, and drag racing in general, was a lot more fun back in the middle to late 70's than it is now. I miss the throttle whacks in the pits, the dry hops at the starting line, the longer burnouts, and the sound the old cars made running huge nitro loads. And of course, the actual 1/4 mile racing. I admit, I was much more impressed with Prudhomme over the years, he wasn't really very friendly back then and he did yell at me once when he had a bad day, but at his peak, he totally ruled F/C.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.