Solo....

FestYboy
FestYboy Posts: 3,861
....hmmmm just watched it. I donno. Not bad, but a bit forced maybe. I'll have to watch again, later. Not BAD, but I can't say great either.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You have to be a diehard SW fan to even begin to understand the story in this one. By that, you must have read the books, comics, watched that cartoons and sired a couple of fan-geek sites, especially at the end of the film....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    And I AM, but still not completely on board with the film as a whole. This one is going to take some time, to reach a solid conclusion.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited June 2018
    Saw it last night....not as formulaic (if thats a real word) than the other new movies and better than I expected. The Han Solo actor did a much better job than I expected. On a side note....Woody Harrelson is in too many movies.
  • FestYboy
    The actor that portrayed Lando Calrisian (sp) nailed it. As if they found a young Billy D.

I think the biggest issue is there there were many characters introduced with lots of potential, but there's a severe lack of development for them to make sense in the story. Also, where does this fall, exactly, within the cannon timeline? Best I can tell, it's 5 or so years before "a new hope", but one of the last scenes alludes to closer to 15 years prior. It's a mess.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    doesn't Llando have two "ells" in it? Llike Lloyd, and llama...

czth86dfappl.png

[no, actually it doesn't -- I checked -- but it's too good of a joke to waste, just because it's fallacious and misdirected and all...]
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    And here I thought Solo’s first name was Hand...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2018
    I believe you're thinking of Hand Jabba the Hutt.*