alternator

i have a 05 toyota corolla and im putting a sound system and i need to upgrade the alternator but i cant find any high end output one online can someone help me please find one

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    First I would post in the mobile audio section. Second I have a dual amp system in my 09 Corolla and I would advise to probably just run an separate battery. The stereo although not pulling a ton of wattage puts a pretty big strain on the car.

If you do want to run a HO Alternator I would also advise to upgrade the "Big 4" to allow the current to run freely. Have you done any calculations to see how many amps you will be pulling?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • First I would post in the mobile audio section. Second I have a dual amp system in my 09 Corolla and I would advise to probably just run an separate battery. The stereo although not pulling a ton of wattage puts a pretty big strain on the car.

If you do want to run a HO Alternator I would also advise to upgrade the "Big 4" to allow the current to run freely. Have you done any calculations to see how many amps you will be pulling?

ill be drawing about 100 amp and my alternator in the car is 80 amps so im looking at least 150amp alternator
  • Yep2 wrote: »
    i have a 05 toyota corolla and im putting a sound system and i need to upgrade the alternator but i cant find any high end output one online can someone help me please find one

Find an "Alternator" rebuild shop in your area (there are "A Bunch" online also).
    They can build anything you want (and give advise).
    Extra battery is only good when your vehicle is NOT running.
    Upgraded alternator is the way to go (your engine benefits also).
    I went from a 105A stock, to a 140A & the difference was night & day.

i havent been able to find anyone
  • littleasome14
    littleasome14 Posts: 8
    edited May 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »

thats weird i tried and it didnt show anything all i kepted getting was your car not supported