What's in the box?

gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
Estate sale bright and early looks like it reads Dynaco on the boxes.
Thoughts?4a1g3u1xi1ol.jpg
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    I would be the FIRST ONE in line!!!!! At least try. Heck, maybe I'd camp out overnight and drink coffee all night to be first in line.

Manufacturers don't put that many vents on the side of something if there isn't a lot going on in that thing. Like CURRENT! Class A current maybe? I don't think it's a Dynaco but it does look High End. Now those boxes are supporting what's on them. And look at the thickness of that bottom box! ;)

Did you see and read my recent thread about yard sale ads that don't show much but TELL A LOT ?

This is what I'm talking about! YEA! :o;)B)
    ib3jvjswdyat.gif
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    I just went and looked for some semi-flat Dynaco amps and such and only saw a couple out of a hundred or more. BUT the way Dynaco is printed IS the way Dynaco prints their name. So they are REAL Dynaco boxes... Great SPOTTING!

Let us know if you get them. Better yet! Can you see if there is a pre-purchase ability. But don't tell them first what you want a price on just yet!!! If they say yes, that they allow it, ( we have a local estate co here in wilm. that does it all the time on a lot of items in their sales) ask about that thing with the vents first. I think those boxes have the Dynaco gear in them.

If they can give you a price on the vented piece, then ask if prices are on the boxes too.

I wish you LUCK. ;):p
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Exciting! Let us know if you end up scoring some nice gear!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited May 2018
    I'll just hope, for the sake of whomever seeks them out, that the boxes don't contain a PAT-4 and an ST-60 or an ST-120 :p

Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Or that they are full of old socks.
    Been there, done that.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • gwh
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Been there, done that.

Yeah I hope it's socks cause a guy in front of me has a shopping bag and he is speaking of what I'm after.......but rumor has it there is another room full of audio gear not pictured and I should have first shot.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    gwh wrote: »
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Been there, done that.

Yeah I hope it's socks cause a guy in front of me has a shopping bag and he is speaking of what I'm after...
    Accidents happen at these things all the time, don't they?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    I missed out on a pair of 50.00 Klipsch Heresy's BECAUSE the SALE DIRECTOR SAID THE MAN'S STUFF WAS IN THE DETACHED GARAGE. So I shoot in with 10 other men into the big garage but no stereo stuff. I did grab a few things and walk back to the house. Outside was a pair of Heresy's on a dolly. I had met this little lady a week or thee before at my wife's garage sale here at home. She was interested in looking to build a stereo system. My wife had put in her ad, stereo speakers and receivers will be available for sale also.

So I went outside and showed her some things for sale and she said she'd think about them. It was that little lady coming to pay for the Heresy's at the table where they were at. I asked how much and she said, 50.00. Is that a good price? I told her in a wisper what they were worth and then I asked where were they?. In a room off to the side from the living room. If ONLY I had gone into the house first and into a side room that I believe is a Dinning room, They would've been here.

• gwh
    Well I ended up with some Hafler gear, Stax headphone set up, Nitty Gritty cleaner, Nac cd changer, Shure Stylus 2 or 3, some microphones, some DBX stuff, and a box or two of miscellaneous.

Guy up in front of me ran to the table and picked up two mono amps and a pre.....that's what was in the box.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• Tony M
    I'm glad you got some nice stuff for sure.
  • mhardy6647
    Stax earspeakers -- nice.

Only Dynaco mono amplifiers I can think of offhand were the Mark III and Mark IV -- either would be a worthwhile acquisition.
  • Tony M
    I'm still curious about the prices they had on that electronic gear. :|

Was it great deals on all of it or did they research them and ask OK prices?

Also, how about some pics. :p
  • mhardy6647
    sounds like good prices to me.
    Which model STAX? Not that there were any bad ones -- there were great ones, and incredible ones :)
  • gwh
    Here are a few pics I haven't had time to clean or test anything.05smynpzir7g.jpg
    bt6zth2f5cp1.jpg
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    ytshsgdn5kgk.jpg
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    i4is2j0vey9y.jpg
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    edited May 2018
    g3hj20ourvrd.jpg

HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    rlsm93z8ryq5.jpg
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited May 2018
    gwh wrote: »
    i4is2j0vey9y.jpg

Very detailed review, 1980. From the first few paragraphs...

"The DH-200 is unique in that, to my knowledge, it is the first American production amplifier to use complementary MOSFETs in its output stage. Over the past several years much has been written about power FETs for audio. In the DH-200 these devices begin to provide the performance factors expected of them.

The DH-200 is available either in kit form at $300 or in factory wired form for $400. Hafler introduced the amplifier in the summer of 1979; delivery of wired units slightly preceded the kit versions. Audio Amateur received an early unit for review, before the kits had started rolling; consequently I can comment only indirectly on the kit and its relative complexity. Incidentally, after writing this review I bought the sample unit."

Full review:

http://www.nulltime.com/DIYAudio/projects/DH200/DH200review.html
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    @gwh what a score! Well done!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.