RT2000p for sale

Options
ttomp
ttomp Posts: 181
edited December 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is my first time posting here , but I know that before I sell on e-bay you think is the right thing to do to post here first; so I'll do that, I have for sale a pair of rt2000p in excellent condition, never abused,adult owned, and well taken care of. the only reason i'm selling them is because I recentlu bought a lcd big screen ( panasonic pt-lc6014 )so I want to have speaker that match the color of my new tv. (rti12), I was thinking about $500.00 plus actual shipping, if somebody is interested, let me know. ( the rt600 are not included but I'll let them go for the right price too ) I live in houston if you want to pick them up. thank you. , by the way my ebay name is ttomp73 if you want to check my feedback.
Post edited by ttomp on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Ttomp - Thanks for dropping in and joining the forum. The gang in this place really likes pics if at all possible. If you need help on posting them here, let myself or the forum know, and we will get you square.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ttomp
    edited November 2004
    Options
    yes, I couldn't load the pictures, so I would really appreciate the help.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Email me, dorokusai@comcast.net

I'll resize them for you and get them posted.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Have you listened to the 12s extensively???

Speakers are subjective, but I think you'll be taking a hit in overall sound quality going from the 2000s to the 12s, but maybe thats just me...

Also keep in mind that the subs in the 12s are not powered, so you'll also need a significant upgrade in the amp section to get the best out of those speakers...maybe bi-amped with your current receiver and a good 2 channel amp.

Not trying to discourage you, just wanted to bring up the point...

Either way, best of luck.
  • ttomp
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I haven't really listened to the 12's but everybody seam to have nothing but good reviews on them do you think the 2000 have better sound quality than the 12's? I have a denon avr-3805, would I need a separate amp to get the same volume from the 12's? all the info is appreciated. thank you.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC1
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC2
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC3
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC4
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC5
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC6
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    PIC7
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2004
    Options
    There you go honcho, I'm tired as ****, so I didn't get creative.

They look real nice, it's a cool speaker.

Are those scratches or cracks on the bottom plates?

The comment isn't meant to break your balls, just trying to make everything solid.
  • ttomp
    edited November 2004
    Options
    first of all thank you very much for putting up the pics for me, it is a crack, I think that happened when I moved, but they are 5 year old speakers so I guess on a scale from 1-10 I'll say thay are an 8. still very nice speakers overall. thank you again.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Good lord Mark, you couldn't have flipped the damn pics upright before posting! Now everyone has a freakin kink in their neck from looking sideways.

Just bustin your balls man! ;)

Who luvs ya baby!

Nice set of 2000p's by the way.

John
    No excuses!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by ttomp
    I haven't really listened to the 12's but everybody seam to have nothing but good reviews on them do you think the 2000 have better sound quality than the 12's? I have a denon avr-3805, would I need a separate amp to get the same volume from the 12's? all the info is appreciated. thank you.
    Yes, I think the 2000s sound better, but preference in this case is subjective...maybe some of the other guys will shime in here...

As far as needing a separate amp along with the 3805, I can say YES will all confidence. Will the 12s play without that second amp? Sure, but you'll need that extra power to do them any justice...
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by john d. strong
    Good lord Mark, you couldn't have flipped the damn pics upright before posting! Now everyone has a freakin kink in their neck from looking sideways.

I was tired man. It was time to crawl into my refrigerator box.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I just turned my laptop on its left side...easy stuff. Then I picked up my beer and poured it in my ear. What a hobby!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Not to try to change your mind, have you listened to the 12's? I mean, is this an asthetic decision?

You have to remember that this will change the timbre of your front soundstage. You may have to get a different center, also. Not too mention the additional amp, which has been mentioned and will be a definite, given your used to the output of the 2000's.

Lastly, in my humble opinion, your stepping down in sound quality. I have listened to both, but that is a personal, somewhat biased opinion.

Just some stuff to mull over.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by amulford
    Not to try to change your mind, have you listened to the 12's? I mean, is this an asthetic decision?

You have to remember that this will change the timbre of your front soundstage. You may have to get a different center, also. Not too mention the additional amp, which has been mentioned and will be a definite, given your used to the output of the 2000's.

Lastly, in my humble opinion, your stepping down in sound quality. I have listened to both, but that is a personal, somewhat biased opinion.

Just some stuff to mull over.
    looks like at least one other person agrees with my assessment...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I would not go out selling the old RT line for any of the new RT line, or any versions after the RT line you have. Infact, if you want to upgrade to anything, take a shot at the old RT line. RT20p (I believe it was?)...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bkfk
    bkfk Posts: 44
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I'm also from Houston and have an interest in your speakers.Are they setup where they could be demo'd?If yes,could you send me a PM on how I can get in touch with you to talk further.
  • Crystalclear
    Crystalclear Posts: 196
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Damn!
    I was checkin those sideways pics right now and I turned my head to the side and "crack" it went out of adjustment!Well off to the chiropractor.Thanks man!:(
    Old School stuff
    Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 225x5 Amp
    Monster AVS 2000 Signature
    Polk RT800i's
    Polk CS400i
    Polk FX500's
    (2) 2700 watt Sunfire Signature Subs
    65' HDTV Mitsubishi Widescreen