Polk Monitor 11's ~ Rare ~

Options
These are what the Monitor 10's should have been.

My father purchased these new in 1984 from Soundscape in Baltimore after he and my mother attended a New Year's Eve party at Matt Polk's house. They have been in their living room ever since. Unfortunately, I don't have room to keep them.

The Monitor 11 also known as the Model 11 and/or the Monitor R.T.A. 11 corrects the inherent comb filter flaw of the Monitor 10 by restricting the frequency of one mid-driver. They also have a sheet of acoustic foam directly below that mid-driver to control the excessive bass of the 10's. Because of that they are distinct left and right speakers.

I replaced the original rotted acoustic foam a few years ago and installed Larry's rings. Everything else is original. I have cleaned and treated the fuse, fuse holder and binding posts with Pro Gold. I also re-oiled the cabinets, so they are good for years to come. The condition is remarkable for being 34 years old. The walnut veneer is chip free with only a few small nicks. The grills are original and damage free. The only real issue is there are 3 nicks on the black bezel of the right speaker, which of course can't be seen with the grill on and are difficult to see with it off. I may have the owner's manual, but can't promise that one. However, I do have the schematic, which goes with the speakers.

Price: $275.00

Payment: PayPal, cash or check if I know you.

Shipping: I do not have the boxes, but if you want to make arrangements to have them shipped I'll help out. Otherwise pickup or delivery in the Baltimore-Washington, Northern Virginia region.

6dnidwryzi11.jpg

zxf506hy6acz.jpg

eeeb5g3qhx2u.jpg

pml48ll8zl7b.jpg

4ruacv638g02.jpg

sgb8ejl3xjcv.jpg

md660d7f5nz0.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Very Very nice....
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Gawd....thems are sweet.

I wish I had room.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    beautiful speakers, GLWTS!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Drool..... Jesse, you're not being nice posting such pron.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Thanks for offering these rare one owner classics up to polkies. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    WOW.

You're giving them away for that price!

Beautiful and VERY SPECIAL speakers indeed!!

I wish I was closer.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    WOW.

I wish I was closer.

No problem Tony, for you $475.00. ;)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Beautiful speakers Jesse. It's obvious that these have been VERY well cared for. He11, they look as if they were stored in a museum and never used!
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    WOW.

I wish I was closer.

No problem Tony, for you $475.00. ;)

OK. Can you get Matthew to sign them for me then? ;):pB):)

If I had bought them, I'd probably have left you a tip or bought you what ever you wanted for lunch or dinner.

I've been known to do that here locally. Especially now that I can afford to do it. :)

They do look PRISTINE!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I will take em if shipping them to 91390 isn't insane.
  • F1nut
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I will take em if shipping them to 91390 isn't insane.

Bruce, I don't have the boxes for them, so you'd have to look into getting a quote from someone like Craters and Freighters. Let me know if you want to try that and I'll PM my addy info to you along with the dimensions and weight.

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
    Jesse send me the info although by the looks of their site it wont be cheap,
  • afterburnt
    Options
    So far Craters don't answer.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I'm for rent. :)
    They'll fit in my Camry probably. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would say $600-700 based on amps shipped from Baltimore cost $1100
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Anyone local have 2 boxes at least 38" H x 20" W x 16"D they want to part with? That would give me 2 inches all around to add hard foam board and make them safe for shipping via FedEx.

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
    Not too surprised Ron
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @F1nut have you looked into using “large wardrobe boxes” from uhaul?

That’s what I used when I sold mine and I wrapped the speakers in a cocoon of closed cell foam all the way around before placing them in those boxes. They survived the trip with no issues. The buyer was very happy with them.

These are GREAT speakers folks!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    Options
    Brilliant Victor, thanks I can make those work.

Shipping is now possible. I'd have to pass on the cost of materials, but it would be exactly what I paid.

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I still want these, no I need these lol :#
  • Tony M
    Options
    Me too! My collection is missing them. :(
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @Tony M I have no vintage Polks but I am willing to engage in a bidding war until the bitter end! Which is about three fiddy.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    ... Stepping back slowly
  • Tony M
    Options
    I still have a little room left. I might start to triple stack. Oh, wait, I've already done that in some places. :s
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Brilliant Victor, thanks I can make those work.

Shipping is now possible. I'd have to pass on the cost of materials, but it would be exactly what I paid.

Happy to help :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I fold. They are up for grabs.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    ::Arty sneaks in and pounces for the kill::

... And then he wakes up :/
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options