LSAF 2018

Comments

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,303
    Y&G's think 25K
    oi9zmy4412u5.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    Doug from the Connection Room :)
    6l3a67m1wdgb.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    The glowing ModWright logos are sweet.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Skip and Kerri
    xy6d1c04z2m9.jpg

edited May 2018
    Just got home I think I was the last one to check out from LSAF and not just Polkies. All the other who were there.

Had Mike lundy & Norman And Berry in my room on last night till 1am - Russ stuck his head in the door to give me my sliders back but didnt hang out late with us :(

got in bed around around 2am then up at 7 to drive home -think I'll spend my day off sleeping all day!.

jsxfqeaggjw4.jpg

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,578
    Clipdat wrote: »
    SO PRICEY! What kind of music were they playing on it?

Tiny Tim and Yoko Ono....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Who?

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    The only picture I had of Tony disappeared with my camera .

and all the stuff in my room had been rearranged with a note saying next time it won't be your furniture that we rearrange :/

Had a blast Tony and was awesome meeting you!

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,578
    Who?

Google is your friend in this case...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,473
    Who?

Come on, man! Tiny Tim starred in the film "Blood Harvest" and Yoko Ono was married to Japanese avant-garde composer Toshi Ichiyanagi.

Where have you been? :o
    It's a joke, John.

Like when you hear someone mention some obscure random no-name musician that nobody listens to, you say "Who?".

Google is your friend in this case...

I was very disappointed with Tiny Tim's greatest hits :(

there wasn't anything on it!

I never got a good picture of Skips stuff...if you seen his audio rack up close and helped put it together you would get a greater appreciation of it and what it does.

it is truly unique
    x3d54w7pdj2o.jpg

It looks so crazy to see that huge integrated balancing on those little points like that. It's floating!
    edited May 2018
    was a little scary too. The Amplifier only weighs like 110+ LBS I think. But it works!

lightman1 wrote: »
    4b0xvtwz4stk.jpg

Yup.... B)
    Ryan has done a bang up job setting this up.

Ryan and Russ had brought up some super cool Audio gear and was nice getting to hear them and the fun they created in that room.
    And that is the Joy of LSAF as others like them & me will bring in stuff and let others hears it. plus all the DIY dudes
    and people like mike Lundy creating stuff base on Danny Richie's stuff.

And some Horns that would have made Doc Hardy drool all over himself!

msg wrote: »
    Tony, I thought you'd look, I don't know, more Italian and intimidating.
    Though I suppose being a regular fellow makes it easier to get closer for the hits.

Man, I can't believe it's over already. That's it?!?

4 days and some serious long night and we ROCK like a Hurricane!

And I'm still in depression that it is over!

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,106
    It was great hanging out with you Darryl. I think we put a dent in those bottles and listened to a lot of good gear. I still can’t believe Russ was trying to pass those frankenpolks off as monitor 5 jr’s. ;)
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,696
    hopping around I missed Darryl's and Dennis' rooms. wait till next when I can walk, i'll drink you both out. :p
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    I think Darryl got me drinking so I would take that Primaluna off his hands so he didn't have to haul it back.He made me a heck of a deal so further down the rabbit hole I go. :# My first tube amp. :)
    2 Channel
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Home theater
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
    edited May 2018
    marvda1 wrote: »
    hopping around I missed Darryl's and Dennis' rooms. wait till next when I can walk, i'll drink you both out. :p

Was Heck seeing you hurting like that My Friend. I almost gave Marvin a beer but took it back LOL. If his knee swelled up again I didn't want that on my conscience.

And lost track of you and myself for awhile! spent about 5 hours Saturday watching my room as others came in for a listen..I had a steady crowd for awhile.

Dennis I forgot to give you the Elijah Craig before you left...I brought it home and will treat it correctly and then bring a new one back next year ;)

The Best complement I got was from Barry as I played nothing but really old classic's late Sunday when him & mike & Norman was in my room ...Barry told me he had not hear those old classic like "LA Women" or Ten Years After some ELP & CSN long time Gone and he never heard them sound so good B)

I left it on purpose my friend,enjoy it and we will share another soon.I to hated seeing Marvin like that.
    2 Channel
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Home theater
  • halenhalen Posts: 494
    It was nice to meet up with everyone. I was either a little more sober or a little less intoxicated this time but I do remember Ryan this time around. Also nice to meet TonyB. Many of the things that happen here, stays among friends. Right TonyB? Haha.

Voltz. I need t get your grilling recipes!

I did have have a listen in a couple rooms. The Sonner setup was a pleasant experience and did surprise me. Would have been really nice to hear the bigger brother.

Tom and I did somehow end up in the JWM room. Probably near midnight on Friday. I ubered home after that. Woke up early next day and noticed four speaker cable stands from JWM. What th eff did my drunk as do. I don’t even own speaker cables anymore.

Wish I had more time to spend in all the other rooms.

Cheers everyone. Good times!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,654
    Shame on you Dennis, your first tube amp????....TisTis

That Prima Luna is a nice start, got my whistle wet with a pair of Dyn S1.4's
    Should pair well with Mon5's or even Mon7's

Enjoy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Thank you for everything Halen, You know what I am talking about Friday night!
    was good you show up as I know you had pressing family matter of the most special kind!

I have to PM you some of my better stuff ;)

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,654
    voltz wrote: »
    I have to PM you some of my better stuff ;)

No TomR pics :D:D:D

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Enjoy

I have both and will try it out with them. I have tube preamps just no amps. :(
    2 Channel
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Home theater
    :p BBQ recipes only LOL and or other food stuff! I don't want a copy on my PC or Phone :# to resend...if I want to miss him up I'd send a pic of my Thumb after the band-saw incident.

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,282
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Enjoy

I have both and will try it out with them. I have tube preamps just no amps. :(

Make sure it makes an appearance at my place sometime. I want to put it through its paces. >:)