Moray James Digital Coax

Options
LuSh
LuSh Posts: 887
edited December 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Anybody used this cable? It's a little pricey $500 CDN. But I'm going to keep it. The differences between it and the Van Den Hul and Harmonic Technology CyberLink Platinum were HUGE. It literally sounded like I had changed a component instead of a single digital wire from my DAC to my Transport.

It's the cheapest looking cable I've ever seen also. I've sent an Email to Moray James trying to get an answer. The differences really do have my scratching my head.

system:

NAD 541i (transport)
Museatex DAC (Moray James Cable)
SimAudio Moon i-5080
Polk Audio LSi 9's
Kimber 8tc speaker wire.

XLO powercord (for DAC) and Cardas interconnects.
Post edited by LuSh on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2004
    Options
    You have a picture of that Lush? Glad you like it, sounds like it's worth checking out.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • LuSh
    LuSh Posts: 887
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't. They don't have a website either. You can contact Moray James directly.

I got the link from Audiogon. Bwhite is a guy running an $80k + system and he seems to like them as well. Link is here
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1101949359&read&3&4&
    that link also gives Moray's email.

It looks like a peice of crap, a tiny tiny black wire, with a black RCA end. Honestly, you could throw it out without knowning it. It's not beefed up to look nice at all.