For Sale: Pair LSiM 703 - Midnight Mahogany $575

Options

Comments

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    Crap, I should have looked first. I'm dealing with a size constraint in my rack, any amp I get would have to be 15.5" or less either length or depth. Your parasound wouldn't fit.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    I hear ya, it is a rather large amp.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Time for a new equipment rack.
  • dr1978
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Time for a new equipment rack.

Tell me about it. It's kind of like the line of demarcation though with regard to WAF. If I cross it....all hell will break loose.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    So, let it break loose. Be Constantine.
    If that doesn't work out, you can blame the voices in your head - Us!

Win-Win.
    Or is it Lose-Lose? I get those mixed up sometimes...
    I disabled signatures.
  • dr1978
    Options
    Tested it this morning. It appears new reinforcements were built..
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Options
    I read thru the string, are these 703,s still available?
  • dr1978
    Options
    @CH46E have you been able to work anything out?
  • CH46E
    Options
    No, nothing yet, no interest in the srs 2s. :'(
  • CH46E
    Options
    dr1978 wrote: »

Not unless you found a bigger entertainment center for my Parasound? Lol
  • dr1978
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »

Not unless you found a bigger entertainment center for my Parasound? Lol

Ugh. Nope
  • dr1978
    Options
    ukcolin99 wrote: »
    I read thru the string, are these 703,s still available?

It appears that they are
  • CH46E
    Options
    UKCOLIN99. If you pick these up please let me know how you like them.
  • CH46E
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just posted the Parasound FS. We will see what happens! Fingers crossed.

There seems to be a new fortified fortification against Polk Audio in the house! Has your wife been speaking to mine? LOL
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Options
  • dr1978
    Options
    These are still up for grabs!
  • Kingrat
    Kingrat Posts: 74
    Options
    I might be interested in these, if you will double box them. The normal boxes and foam are pretty lame, mine came with both boxes and inside foam damaged and cosmetic damage to the front of one of the speakers. Hard to notice due to the near black color, but if Polk would have boxed them correctly in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. Something wacked the box corner, went through the foam and cracked the front bezel like an eggshell. I may take come clear epoxy and mend the crack. I tried to find out how to disassemble the speakers to possibly replace the bezel, but Polk ignored my message, and no one seems to know if it just pops off or is glued, etc.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.
  • dr1978
    Options
    Ok, I will double box them for whoever I sell them to.

I currently have a sale pending with @CH46E and interest from @Legender if that falls through, but I'll put you next in line.
  • Kingrat
    Options
    Ok, thanks.
  • CH46E
    Options
    Look like im out man. No sale on the Parasound.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Kingrat: what it is about the removal that you need to know about? Folks here can help you but maybe a different thread....
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kingrat wrote: »
    I might be interested in these, if you will double box them. The normal boxes and foam are pretty lame, mine came with both boxes and inside foam damaged and cosmetic damage to the front of one of the speakers. Hard to notice due to the near black color, but if Polk would have boxed them correctly in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. Something wacked the box corner, went through the foam and cracked the front bezel like an eggshell. I may take come clear epoxy and mend the crack. I tried to find out how to disassemble the speakers to possibly replace the bezel, but Polk ignored my message, and no one seems to know if it just pops off or is glued, etc.
    There is a thread here somewhere about taking the front face off. I remember the best tool to start the job with is a spork. Not kidding. I had planned on taking mine apart to add Dynamat, then learned that there was no need as the baskets aren't stamped steel. But I would not have had to remove the entire front plate/bezel.

• Hermitism
    Options
    The search function isn't working for me right now on the forum. I get no results for anything I search for.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Ok, looks like I'm out also... next....
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • dr1978
    Options
    @Kingrat you're up.

If I'm not able to get this taken care of in the near future I'll have to post it elsewhere.
  • Kingrat
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    There is a thread here somewhere about taking the front face off. I remember the best tool to start the job with is a spork. Not kidding. I had planned on taking mine apart to add Dynamat, then learned that there was no need as the baskets aren't stamped steel. But I would not have had to remove the entire front plate/bezel.

I've searched on it a bunch of times and found some pics of the 705's taken apart with no explanation of what they did to get the front off of them. I had some speakers years ago and I tried prying the front panel off to replace a blown tweeter, but I stopped as I was putting some serious muscle on them without budging them. I took them up to Ann Arbor to some audio service place and he said, "You gotta really crank on them!", and off it popped with a huge screwdriver stuck into an almost invisible slot. He advised me to order a tweeter for the other speakers as the tweeters were known for blowing. I did, and he was right, about 4 weeks later, the other one blew.
    Since the front of the 703, except for the mid/tweeter surround, seems to be one piece, how would you get the woofer out without taking the whole thing off?

Thanks for the reply. Bedtime.
  • Kingrat
    Options
    @Kingrat you're up.

If I'm not able to get this taken care of in the near future I'll have to post it elsewhere.

Well, I will definitely take them. I will be back later tonight to finalize everything. I need to go to bed. I'm wiped out from lifting up my new to me Onkyo M-508, and going into a minor panic when I had dead channels due to TWO bad interconnects, one from Monoprice and the other from Blue Jeans. Two out of four brand new ones. Never happened before. And from being up 24 hours. I'm too old for this stuff.
  • Hermitism
    Options

Hermitism wrote: »

I've searched on it a bunch of times and found some pics of the 705's taken apart with no explanation of what they did to get the front off of them. I had some speakers years ago and I tried prying the front panel off to replace a blown tweeter, but I stopped as I was putting some serious muscle on them without budging them. I took them up to Ann Arbor to some audio service place and he said, "You gotta really crank on them!", and off it popped with a huge screwdriver stuck into an almost invisible slot. He advised me to order a tweeter for the other speakers as the tweeters were known for blowing. I did, and he was right, about 4 weeks later, the other one blew.
    Since the front of the 703, except for the mid/tweeter surround, seems to be one piece, how would you get the woofer out without taking the whole thing off?

Thanks for the reply. Bedtime.
    I'll look for the thread in a few hours, I don't want to hijack a for sale thread, so if I find it (assuming the search function is working) I'll create a new thread and tag you in it. But I remember seeing a thread with pictures. Well, 80% sure it showed the black front plate being removed.

• CH46E
    Options
    Ok, SDA SRS 2 AND SDA CRS and a B&K Ref 20 for your LSiM??????
    :p:p

And maybe some RM 7500 in Piano black????