On a binge again...

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,005
    Ok so I'm way late on the RTA 11 pics, but y'all know what they look like.

Anywho, just brought home a steal of a deal CS-350... Why didn't I find one earlier!?! This thing is awesome!

If this is just a taste of what the SRT center can do... I need one... Yesterday! :D
    But they're hen's teeth so it's either be patient, or make my own...
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,571
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ok so I'm way late on the RTA 11 pics, but y'all know what they look like.

Anywho, just brought home a steal of a deal CS-350... Why didn't I find one earlier!?! This thing is awesome!

If this is just a taste of what the SRT center can do... I need one... Yesterday! :D
    But they're hen's teeth so it's either be patient, or make my own...

Congrats on you purchase of one of the best centers out there! :p

NOW...you should pull each woofer out and check the spiders for glue not holding anymore. Maybe half a spider might be loose. You don't want to burn a voice coil out on those rare woofers. SERIOUSLY. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Will do, thanks for the heads up.
    FML!!!!!!!!

Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s :'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.

So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,808
    How many you got? You might not even notice if one goes missing.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • verbverb Posts: 4,099
    FML!!!!!!!!

Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s :'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.

So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.

Cat! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    I have 6, but sure only one of 3 did it, the other 3 aren't interested in jumping up on the stuff in that area. So I'm at an impass on the feline eradication issue...

Anyone have experience repairing the grill pins? Should I just go magnetic mount? Velcro? Other ideas?
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    ^ I was thinking the same, only smaller drill shanks.
    That would work. The key is to get the music wire in there to reinforce it, otherwise it'll probably snap off again. Dang cats! :smile:
    edited April 21
    verb wrote: »
    Dang cats! :smile:

That wasn't my adjective for them... >:)
    In fact, I believe it was a few adverbs :*
    Fired it up, one side of the MWs weren't active, but I lucked out and only one of the fastons came loose.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,571
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.

That's what I used to do on quite a few. I think I used an 1/8" dia. drill bit. It's been a while since my round-up and complete renewal of all broken grillpegs.

I forget what type of pin material I used. It's been that long ago. I do know it wasn't music wire. But what I did use, WORKED beautifully. I mostly had a lot of JBL pegs to fix. Some Polks too. I think they were easily broken by idiots without patience. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,587
    I feed 2-3 cat's to Chester a week.
    Whats your address?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    cat's
    cat is?

Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:
    Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:

Nah, just giving it back a little at a time. HAHAHAHAHA
    edited April 22
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like

I just think it's funny that you try to make it look like my reading comprehension is poor and then have to rely on auto-correct to tell you whether your punctuation and grammar is correct or not. :p

I'm sorry I hurt your widdle feewings. :'(
    Trust me Jim you hurt nothing. I could care less. 99.9% of the time autocorrect is turned off, unless my phone has a software update. That happened last night and i promptly turned it off when i noticed the change.

So cat is it is wtf cares
    edited April 22
    Now your just been a jerk's.

x0d0ebg3c4rh.jpg
    edited April 22
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be selfish about it. :p
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be shellfish about it. :p

*fixed :p

pscu1j7jf1eg.jpg
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,010
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

Interested!!! Lol

And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)
    edited April 22

Interested!!! Lol

Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.

Just provide proper air holes and a few bags of Fritos in the box.

Interested!!! Lol

I wonder how much a POD would cost...

Interested!!! Lol

I wonder how much a POD would cost...

Way to go! Now you're thinking outside the box, or is it inside the box?
    Whatever, you know what I mean.