Thoughts on Acurus Dia 100 Integrated Amp

This is an older piece, but gets pretty good reviews. Anybody have experience?
Think it was made in the good ol' USA.

6wm6durjdmqs.jpg

codd3o6cro8l.jpg

Comments

• Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Pretty solid unit, like most Mondial pieces from the era. Strong performer in the bass department, relative to its power rating of course, could be slightly harsh on the top end with certain speaker pairings.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Thanks Rich!

I'd be using it with a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 and a pair of Yamaha NS-344 speakers for near field listening.

Not sure how big of an upgrade it would be over the Music Hall a25.2 I am currently using.

88ldlexrvcoj.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I dont feel its step up from what you have. Just a slightly different sound . Speaking of. What kind of sound are you looking for?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    erniejade wrote: »
    I dont feel its step up from what you have. Just a slightly different sound . Speaking of. What kind of sound are you looking for?

For this rig, I'm happy with the Music Hall. My problem is I am always looking for an upgrade on the cheap instead of being satisfied with what I have. :#

The Yamaha monitors do a lot of things great for near field, but if I had to find an area where they lack it's low bass.