ARC HDMI

Oppo 203 has a dedicated audio only out HDMI. Can this be connected to the ARC HDMI?

Best Answer

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Answer ✓
    wapfunz wrote: »
    Sorry - can the oppo dedicated audio out be connected direct to the Magnifi Mini HDMI arc in port? Is the ARC trigger required for the Magnifi Mini. The OPPO connects to the ARC HDMI on the TV for video and Audio, and I use optical from the TV to the Magnifi Mini. So the HDMI in on the Magnifi mini is not used. As the Oppo can bitstream SACD and DVD-A, I was hoping the dedicated audio only HDMI out could be connected to the Magnifi mini HDMI.

If I'm not mistaken, yes you can connect the oppo to the sound bar using HDMI, but if the purpose is for SACD, I'm not sure the sound bar can decode that. It may process down the signal, but then whats the point.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    The ARC HDMI connection goes to your TV. You want to connect your oppo to one of the HDMI inputs on the back of your AVR.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• wapfunz
    wapfunz Posts: 3
    Sorry - can the oppo dedicated audio out be connected direct to the Magnifi Mini HDMI arc in port? Is the ARC trigger required for the Magnifi Mini. The OPPO connects to the ARC HDMI on the TV for video and Audio, and I use optical from the TV to the Magnifi Mini. So the HDMI in on the Magnifi mini is not used. As the Oppo can bitstream SACD and DVD-A, I was hoping the dedicated audio only HDMI out could be connected to the Magnifi mini HDMI.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Ah, that I've got no idea about.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk