Polk Clearance Alert: 15i, 175i

kanicker
kanicker Posts: 86
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I haven't owned these speakers, but they might be a good addtion for surround or rear channel; or for that 2nd system; or for the cost conscious.

Bookshelf 15i $99 a pair
Center 175i $79 each
A mountain of these, NEW in box at Fry's Electronics in Sacramento, CA. ...and I imagine at other Fry's locations.

Can anyone with experience recommend these to the board?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    At that price, its worth getting a pair just to sit in a closet for later use....

I'm gonna have to stop by my local **** store, I mean Fry's, this weekend.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Looks like I may hit up ****-Up Frys this week myself.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2002
    Damn. I Just called my local Fry's and they said that since Cali and Texas are different regions... that the sales aren't the same.

For those of you in Cali, I called the San Fran. location and they said that this specific sale was a 1 day only sale which took place last Saturday.

Better luck next time. :)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    I'm still gonna check it out, at least to possibly get some pics of Troy vandalizing the Bose display.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • phuz
    edited April 2002
    Russ, if your Fry's has anything like that sale going on let me know.

BTW, the Fry's in Austin still has R40's going for $99 each. Today is the last day.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    Roger that, I'll be stopping by there this weekend, whilest making the pawn shop rounds....

R
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited April 2002
    According to the in store diaplay... and the newspaper... the forementioned Fry's sale continues to at least today in Sacramento.

Since the store I visited had a "mountain" of these speakers sitting in the Polk Audio room; and since the speakers on display were all the new models. I imagine that this clearance will either continue or return again shortly.
  • phuz
    edited April 2002
    I should've known that salesperson didn't know what they were talking about.

Either way, I'm in Texas and they won't honor sales from different regions. :\
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited April 2002
    Two of my friends picked up the $199 R40s at the Frys in Austin :) I haven't heard them yet, but they are pretty impressed!!

Btw, Austin in the house! wooo! hehehe

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200