Black Panther

Jaybeez
Jaybeez Posts: 737
edited February 2018 in Music & Movies
I do more PPV vs theater movies but had a guys night last night and saw Black Panther. I know zero about anything Marvel but really enjoyed the movie. Great special effects and acting was pretty good. Story line kept me interested. All in all well worth the ticket price.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Just watched the trailer,
    Don't get much time foe a movie...but will dial in to watch when I can

TFS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    I have tried to watch it over the weekend, went to 4 theaters at 4 different times and was full each time. I gave up. I will try to watch it either today or tomorrow afternoon. Maybe it'll be less full.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I have tried to watch it over the weekend, went to 4 theaters at 4 different times and was full each time. I gave up. I will try to watch it either today or tomorrow afternoon. Maybe it'll be less full.

They only tell YOU that... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I saw it Saturday. Pre-paid for my ticket on Friday or my wife and I wouldn't have gotten a seat. Parking lot was full, lobby was full, and there was a line waiting at the theater for a half hour before they let us in.

I go to about 15 movies a year and haven't seen that many people at a theater in 20 years or more. Of course, I don't often go on the first weekend, so maybe it's more common with blockbuster movies than I realize.

Good movie, with more drama than most super-hero movies.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Joey_V wrote: »

The interviewed one of the actresses on the evening news and she couldn't even get a ticket. Feel better now?
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I wonder how much of that is due to AT&T giving out free movie passes for being a good customer? I'm thinking of using mine just for that purpose and I haven't been to a movie theater in over 20 years.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Did you register to vote??...LMFAO!....
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    As per usual, waiting for Blue Ray, hopefully in 4K UHD.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Saw it this weekend, story line is as old as time but still good. I think the wow factor or the fuss is all about is the number of positive roles portrayed by the actors of color. From top to bottom all carried themselves with dignity and honor.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    I don't know if it was the movie itself, or the superhero genre as a whole, but I left the theater with a solid "Meh". Probably why I like Deadpool so much - wicked humor, and an irreverent middle finger to the whole superhero franchise.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn