Good news/bad news

2»

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    This has seriously become the no fun allowed thread. I am beginning to think Kim Jong Un is a new moderator.
    https://youtu.be/WZ3AOmZ2fps
  • mdaudioguy
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    on topic -- my sympathy, and empathy, to the OP :(
    Being locked out is a crummy feeling, even if it's only an inconvenience.
    No need to feel sorry for me! I'm always making lemonade from life's lemons. :D
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2018
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    At least you weren't in your undies...like one of our other member did, won't mention any names but it starts with a T :)

Ha first thing that Came to mind and I mentality pictured it :s

a6nael7xo0ff.jpg

Here is what the OP should invest in, works pretty good unless of course you have a few dogs, as it might take a while to find the right one, been there done that just keep a pair of gloves stashed some where in case. If you have no dogs then your golden B)

I was thinking about doing this before I lock myself out again. Most memorable time was the Sat. night before Easter and I had a couple, or more, drinks prior to hiding eggs in the yard. I locked myself out and everyone was alseep. Luckily....one small window was open but I had to drag my butt up through the window, almost knocking over an RTIA9. Good times.

My question on all these fake devices....such as fake outlets and dog ****...dont burglars look for this type of stuff? Just a thought...

I dont think Burglars have time to look around for dog doo, just dont place the fake key holder by the door put it in the lawn somewhere along with the real stuff, just remember which one to grab should you lock yourself out. :#
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2018
    I spent about an hour clinging to a skylight on the roof of the family room of our old house one Saturday -- my ladder kicked out as I was cleaning the windows (and probably also the gutters) and kind of left me stuck.

Roof of the old house was pretty steep. You can see the three front skylights in the photo below.

ybegry9hz8br.png

No one else was home -- so I had to wait 'til my son got home to get the ladder re-set so that I could scamper down.

It beat falling off the roof.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    My Dad fell off the roof cleaning gutters....what a tool. Im mot being a jerk, that was just a joke between us - calling each other tools. Take off eh!!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    The good news, the bad news, and the ugly news.

lt9n8hwv3kef.jpg
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mdaudioguy
    hochpt21 wrote: »

Lol, I had it easy!!! Great story, though! I seriously lol'd several times while reading that. :D
  • mdaudioguy
    I spent about an hour clinging to a skylight on the roof of the family room of our old house one Saturday -- my ladder kicked out as I was cleaning the windows (and probably also the gutters) and kind of left me stuck.

Roof of the old house was pretty steep. You can see the three front skylights in the photo below.
    It beat falling off the roof.
    Shoot, I fell/jumped off a roof steeper/higher than that once, for the sake of putting up Christmas lights, but that's another story. If I had a choice, I'd have clung to something, too! Thought I'd broken both ankles on landing! I was sore, but ok. :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I can't believe you guys don't know how to get off a roof without a ladder. Those rain gutters are good for more than collecting water.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited February 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    I can't believe you guys don't know how to get off a roof without a ladder. Those rain gutters are good for more than collecting water.

Jesse, doesn't falling off the roof count as getting off of it without a ladder? Granted, not as graceful as your rain gutter method, but still.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I think Jesse wants a KitKat...

I think you mean Snickers
    https://youtu.be/zfA0MqEm52Y
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647

Pretty sure those aluminum gutters on the old house wouldn't hold my weight -- even though I weigh far less than I once did.

The statistics on falls are terrifying (the stuff that one has to take EH&S training for...) - this doesn't quite align with the data I remember being taught (but I can't remember it that well, so this'll do):
    Fall height was documented for 82 of 113 fatalities and an estimated 11,400 of 34,000 nonfatal ED-treated LFIs (Figure). For nonfatal LFIs, nearly 90% were from heights <16 feet (<4.9 m) and fall heights of 6–10 feet (1.8–3.0 m) were most common, accounting for 50% of ED-treated LFIs. For fatal LFIs, fall heights of 6–10 feet (1.8–3.0 m) were most common but accounted for only 28% of all fatalities*.

source: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6316a2.htm
    LFI = "ladder fall incident"

A "fall" is not identical to a "jump", though -- I'll grant you ;)
    * If those numbers seem odd, I think they just indicate that the distribution of fatal falls with distance isn't normal (Gaussian). Indeed, there's one documented case of an 18,000 foot drop from an airplane, sans parachute, resulting in only a leg sprain. Kids, don't try this at home.
    https://www.offgridweb.com/survival/falling-injuries-fatality-rates/
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://youtu.be/kMtBHA783c8

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ bang & olufsen hifi

801wxmqag0dg.png

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    And people laugh at me because I won't walk out of the house without my keys in my pocket. Even if it's just to drag the cans to curb for trash pickup.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Jstas wrote: »
    And people laugh at me because I won't walk out of the house without my keys in my pocket. Even if it's just to drag the cans to curb for trash pickup.

you and me both John. One too many times locked out myself.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    What ever happened to using a garage door opener (the keypad on the side) or you can upgrade your front door lock. I can use an app or a code on the door if I don't have my keys. Never get locked out
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    ^^^ bang & olufsen hifi

801wxmqag0dg.png

There is also a first pressing West German CD in that scene (when they show the CD's), but I don't know which one.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Willow wrote: »
    What ever happened to using a garage door opener (the keypad on the side) or you can upgrade your front door lock. I can use an app or a code on the door if I don't have my keys. Never get locked out

funny, I had the code thing on the outside of the garage door. Never used it, thus the battery died and I never replaced it.

Until I locked myself out, then the next day I replaced the battery, reset the code.

Having an app open your doors is a dangerous proposition imho, seeing how easily cell phones can get hacked. Besides, if you locked yourself out, chances are the cell phone isn't with you also. I'm not one to be joined at the hip with my cell phone anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    I keep a pair of keys in a real-estate type 4-digit lock box attached to my grill on the back porch. Easy and cheap solution without having to search among piles of doggy-doo (don't have a dog anyway)
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    billbillw wrote: »
    Easy and cheap solution without having to search among piles of doggy-doo (don't have a dog anyway)

Well get one....adds to the realism of fake dog-doo. Plus you can have them lay on your feet when you do lock yourself out in the cold.

Gotta think ahead man, :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    tonyb wrote: »
    Well get one....adds to the realism of fake dog-doo. Plus you can have them lay on your feet when you do lock yourself out in the cold.

Gotta think ahead man, :)

Having a dog in the house when you lock yourself out of the house means all you have to do is use sign language through a window to them and they will immediately unlock the door for you, providing that they know the combination to the safe in which you lock your keys.
  • And don't get a pug.
    If you try to give them instructions through the window, they'll interpret that as commands to lick and slobber all over the place.
    They interpret everything as lick and slobber. They throw in the snort and sneeze on their own.
    Sal Palooza
  • Viking64
    And don't get a pug.
    If you try to give them instructions through the window, they'll interpret that as commands to lick and slobber all over the place.
    They interpret everything as lick and slobber. They throw in the snort and sneeze on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSKSnx3aCU
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    :s:s:s
    He licks his buttjunk with that
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    :s:s:s
    He licks his buttjunk with that

Really? That's AWESOME!!!