Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Anyone have a Logitech Squeezebox Touch that they've upgraded from and aren't using?

Looking to add a streaming box into my bedroom setup.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited December 2017
    From what I've been looking at, a squeezebox non-touch would probably also work, as long as it can still use "squeezebox apps".
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    I have squuezebox touch with original packaging and remote, let me know via PM if interested.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Be advised that Spotify and Logitech no longer play together, so the app won't work on a SBT...unless you get the hacked app, or technically, run the hacked Logitech Media Server on your local PC.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Good to know, thanks!
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Be advised that Spotify and Logitech no longer play together, so the app won't work on a SBT...unless you get the hacked app, or technically, run the hacked Logitech Media Server on your local PC.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited December 2017
    jdjohn wrote: »

There's a better version of the "Spotify app" now, and I wouldn't use the word "hacked" to describe it. It was created by one of the well respected developers in the LMS and Squeezebox community, Michael Herger. Hacked has such a negative connotation, not to mention overused everywhere in the world today "Life hacks", for example - what a ridiculous term.

To clarify, yes, Spotify discontinued support for the Squeezebox and LMS. The Spotty app offers more functionality than the original app did anyway, and it works better.

Some would argue that the slimdevices community has done more for the platform than Logitech ever did. It may be a teensy bit more complicated to get set up, but it's not too bad, and still well worth it, imho. Running multiple synced players, two of them piCorePlayer running on Raspberry Pi's with HiFiBerry DAC+ hats, and LMS picks them up just like the SBTs.

If you're only after a single streaming device, sure there are other options, some probably better (Auralic Mini well regarded, if you can fine one, or the Bluesound stuff), but I hope to be running LMS and SB's for as long as I can, whatever that means.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Might ba one letter typo in that
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Ob7p7lDT99cd2.gif

msg wrote: »
    Might ba one letter typo in that

• jdjohn
    Didn't mean to downplay Spotty at all. I have it working on mine. As msg points out, it's a little involved in setting it up, but works well once in place.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    Hehe, nah man, I'm sorry - I read back my post and realize it sounds a bit reactive/defensive.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    No worries ;)

Speaking of 'Shame', two things that are a shame:
    1. Logitech quit making the SBT - maybe they were ahead of their time with it; such a great little product.
    2. Logitech and Spotify couldn't come to terms - besides the app on the SBT itself, I couldn't use the Squeezer app on my smartphone anymore (for Spotify) once the support stopped.
  • msg
    Are you using Android or an iPhone? I'm loving the Orange Squeeze app for Android.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    I have an Android...will have to check out Orange Squeeze! Thanks!
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Anyone have a Logitech Squeezebox Touch that they've upgraded from and aren't using?

Looking to add a streaming box into my bedroom setup.

There is one for sale here in the FS forum.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• Clipdat
    Thanks.
    There is one for sale here in the FS forum.