Static Electricity in the House

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,967
    verb wrote: »
    More learnings:

@Viking64 has no legs!

but he still can Rock-n-Roll!!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,606
    More learnings:

@Viking64 has no legs!

The middle one is hooved. :p
  • verbverb Posts: 4,035
    Viking64 wrote: »
    More learnings:

@Viking64 has no legs!

The middle one is hooved. :p

Dude that is something I can never unsee! Shall we call you tripod?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,170
    Well this thread went sideways....lol We went from static discharge to 3 legged R2D2 IN ONLY 2 PAGES. That's some kind of record or somethin'. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    tonyb wrote: »
    Well this thread went sideways....lol We went from static discharge to 3 legged R2D2 IN ONLY 2 PAGES. That's some kind of record or somethin'. :)

And in between that, I ordered a bearclaw pizza, made a papier-mache alligator stomach for Jodie Foster, played chess with my cousins spider monkey, broke into 3 parking meters, wrote a letter of admiration to Sebastian Cabot's descendants, shaved my mother's back, and stuffed a butterfly with a gross of rotten Oscar Mayer hot dogs.

And in between that, I ordered a bearclaw pizza, made a papier-mache alligator stomach for Jodie Foster, played chess with my cousins spider monkey, broke into 3 parking meters, wrote a letter of admiration to Sebastian Cabot's descendants, shaved my mother's back, and stuffed a butterfly with a gross of rotten Oscar Mayer hot dogs.

All that with no legs! Dude you got game!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Did I mention the zebra glued to a surfboard? That too.
    All that with no legs! Dude you got game!

Define "got game".

5c0z6iy0wvzt.jpg
    First R2-D2, and then Spock. People are going to start thinking that I am a sci-fi nerd. :p

Me in 1981:

s1coc1exoe4r.jpeg
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,988
    Nice screen capture... I see what you did there.

lol....dude, lay of the spicy Doritos man, they are having a special kind of conflict with your meds.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    lol....dude, lay of the spicy Doritos man, they are having a special kind of conflict with your meds.

As you wish, Colonel Potter. I wouldn't want to rake leaves on the Millennium Falcon while The Brady Bunch is trying to sleep off purple Kool-Aid in Casper the Friendly Ghost's tuna ranch.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Nice screen capture... I see what you did there.

Ummmmmm....I don't. :o :#
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,988
    That pic you posted has been edited... Take a close look at the monitor.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,061
    You guys are a special kind of CRAZY!!! Thank you for the belly laughs this morning! :)
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    First R2-D2, and then Spock. People are going to start thinking that I am a sci-fi nerd. :p

Me in 1981:

s1coc1exoe4r.jpeg

Dude you were a stud muffin back in the day! Chick magnet!
    cfrizz wrote: »
    You guys are a special kind of CRAZY!!! Thank you for the belly laughs this morning! :)

Oh, special alright Cath....."short-bus" kinda special. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers

Oh, special alright Cath....."short-bus" kinda special. ;)

More like "shock therapy/drool bucket" kind of special. :p

Ahhh, I can see that now, although I still can't tell what it is. :D
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,937

It's Russ's Match.com site.....heaven help us. :)

No chickens?....No dice!!.....
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,673
    lightman1 wrote: »

It's Russ's Match.com site.....heaven help us. :)

No chickens goats?....No dice!!.....

Fixed it for you.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,018
    You could tie a chain around your foot >:)
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 24 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,674
    Could be.....so please forward her cell #, she's gonna be one rich gal in a few weeks. :p

Don't worry though, I'll make sure to spend your money on the best flowers your money can buy. :)

She was born in Chicago. Perhaps you already know her? :p We're already divorced, so she isn't the beneficiary on my life insurance policy. B)

You sure about that? I heard someone talking about x's scoring because the dude forgot to TAKE her off the insurance.
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    You sure about that? I heard someone talking about x's scoring because the dude forgot to TAKE her off the insurance.
    Yes. :)
    I found an alternate method to discharge prior to touching my rig:
    2xw9rvmv5nsr.png
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,026
    Back on topic. The micro-fiber seating in my room makes for wicked static in the winter time. The discharge is strong enough to create a very visible spark. Fun to zap the wife and kids, the gear, not so much.

Using a brass speaker footer, I created a place to discharge myself before touching the gear. I threaded a nut & bolt through the footer and wired it to the center screw of a receptacle thus creating a path to ground. The receptacle is on a different breaker than any of the gear. The whole thing is inset into a nice looking piece of wood on the top shelf of the equipment rack for a convenient place to discharge yourself.

I'll take some photos & post them up tonight.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,457
    And in between that, I... played chess with my cousins spider monkey...

Who won?
    edited February 6
    scubalab wrote: »
    And in between that, I... played chess with my cousins spider monkey...

Who won?

He did when he flung poupe onto my king.