In the matter of big (bad) pickup trucks

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I think it's I'd rather be (Cummings diesel engine) than (Power Stroke diesel engine).

I went with the Ford because I needed something that would last and I couldn't afford the GM ;)
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • I’ve had my 2016 Colorado about 18months. It’s been a great truck so far.
    Photos taken during our “camping” trip last March.

79ukwvj1rcmc.jpeg
    ojiklzb8y9jv.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I still like the 2nd gen Dakotas... The ones with 4x4 and the V8 w/ manual transmission...

Unfortunately, someone thought that stop signs don't apply to them and both vehicles paid the price...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2017
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Mine's not super fancy, but it gets the job done. 800 ft lbs of torque, stock - and that was before I deleted the emissions crap and put a full exhaust and tune on it. 4wd and the stock locking rear differential helps move her heavy butt around in less than ideal traction situations.

wmez1609ptff.jpg

-Cody

I should have also mentioned that this picture was taken in central Texas two weeks ago. We hardly ever see snow, much less anything that sticks. Never thought I'd have to use those heated mirrors! haha
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • DSkip wrote: »
    Those new small GM trucks are darn good lookin', especially blacked out. I still think an '05-'09ish Toyota Tacoma extended cab has about the best proportions of any truck, but those GM's are a close second.

I wouldn’t call them small. The s10 and rangers were small. These Colorado’s are bigger than the old ones and definitely larger than then a Dodge Dakota, which I had two of. They are about the size of the F150’s in the early 2000’s. It’s really only 3 inches narrower in the cab than the Silverado.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Since I pretty much finished the '59, I bought my honey a toy to balance things out. 2004 Chevy SSR.

3lckb7k7qpmf.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Since I pretty much finished the '59, I bought my honey a toy to balance things out. 2004 Chevy SSR.

3lckb7k7qpmf.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Weird yeah. My posts last night didn’t appear for some reason. Sent a pm to moderator and he fixed it. Double the fun!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    stereo ;)

Line array? :p
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    stereo ;)

Line array? :p

I was thinking more of this:
    gz1wpvm8w432.jpeg