Help me design my new man cave!

Options

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    All this talk of a man cave, and not one suggestion for a good 8-track tape player!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    Options
    Closed on the house yesterday! 2100 pounds of Acacia flooring already delivered and stacked upstairs to acclimate for about two weeks before we install it.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not hooked up to the panel yet, but these will be two dedicated 20-amp home runs. The orange is 10-gauge Romex, that’ll go to the MIT Z-Duplex outlet and will power the integrated amp and dac. The other circuit will be 12-gauge for anything outside the analog signal chain - turntable motor, computer, external hard drive, etc. Having some other electrical and lighting work done before my handyman heads out of town for Christmas and New Years. Flooring will go down in the new year.

bsi90owfpmwb.jpeg
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    A round bed, lots of mirrors, a big drop cloth and a squeegee. Oh an one of those booze dispensers with the upsidedown bottles. Oh yeah you will need a keg fridge and a hookah. A genuine shrunken head could come in handy.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    And a sign on the door that says " Hot chicks room, no wives allowed".
  • nspindel
    Options
    My installer got a bit of the acacia laid down in my wife's office before they took off for the holidays. This stuff is gorgeous.

91c714q27w7a.jpeg
  • nspindel
    Options
    Getting there!ll3e7f1eztt1.jpeg
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I’m assuming the access hatch on the ceiling is for the on command disco ball?!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    I’m assuming the access hatch on the ceiling is for the on command disco ball?!

Stripper pole on demand
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nspindel
    Options
    if you don’t like the Yankees, you’re going to hate the decor....
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Looking good...
  • mrbiron
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Didn’t you live in RI. Boston is MUCH closer than NY....trader!
  • nspindel
    Options
    Stamford, CT. About 40 minutes from Yankee Stadium. Had season tickets for decades. Now down in Tampa, FL where they have spring training. I’ve had season tix there for seven years.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    I’m sorry.... :p
  • nspindel
    Options
    I had my 10th birthday party in Yankee Stadium. A ridiculous number of years ago.
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    I had my 10th birthday party in Yankee Stadium. A ridiculous number of years ago.

I went to that stadium!

Now it’s a cleaned up pile of rubble...
  • nspindel
    Options
    It’s a park now. There’s a ball field on the original footprint where they have leagues and kids play. You can step up and take a swing on the same spot where Babe Ruth did.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    Moving on to the artwork.
    Unwritten rule for man-cave is, mandatory pieces:
    Elvis on Black velvet
    Clint Eastwood or John Wayne photo
    And finally, Dogs Playing poker.
    I've got one with them cheating :D
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • nspindel
    Options
    Actually, the artwork is fairly set. That’s where the Yankee part comes in.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options

Hate it already.

Actually, I was going to comment about how awesome it looks, until I got to that little detail. And, then I thought about the items in my rigs that came from your tainted abode. I'm sending them all back! :p

Good to see you're enjoying life! Congrats!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    You need a giant vellum movie poster. I have one for Titanic that would look great in there. It is a piece designed to be backlit, and is six feet tall. Shoot me a pm if interested,
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nspindel
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I'm sending them all back! :p

I'll take it all back!!!
  • nspindel
    Options
    You need a giant vellum movie poster. I have one for Titanic that would look great in there. It is a piece designed to be backlit, and is six feet tall. Shoot me a pm if interested,

First step is to see how much wall space is left after all the stuff that I've already got goes up. Not ready to set up yet. Decided the other day to do a wet bar in there, I don't want to unpack anything until the last of the construction is done and cleaned up!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Getting there!

Very nice! Bringing your vision to fruition must be very satisfying.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options

I'll take it all back!!!

Too late. I painted everything orange and black.
  • Upstatemax
    Options

I'll take it all back!!!

How did you find black paint?!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    MANCAVE TIP: Go to bar & restaurant supply companies on the web to get some really good deals on all kinds of stuff from furniture, bar staples, decorations, etc.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Am I off probation yet, can anybody see me?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »

I'll take it all back!!!

How did you find black paint?!

It's not a true black. Looks more like a very deep Slate Grey.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,690
    Options
    Priests wear true black socks. Most other socks are very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGj7woRsk0