Usher BE-718

Up for sale is a pair of Usher BE-718 speakers with the Beryllium tweeters. Asking $950 obo, can do local pickup or shipping on your dime as i do have the original box/packaging. Located in MD 21921.

These are a very sweet sounding pair of speakers with probably the best top end I've ever heard and very suprisingly good bass especially for their size. Definitely an overbuilt cabinet with each one of these weighing around 40 lbs. I recently picked these up after talking with @DSkip as i really just wanted to get my ear on a set of Usher speakers after hearing so many good things about them. Only reason I'm selling is because i only have room for one stereo setup currently and although very nice, these can't beat out my big Polk 1.2tls in the larger room. These did give me a great impression on the Usher sound and now I want to save my pennies to buy a larger set and do a little shootout with the Polks.

Shape is overall pretty nice(probably 7 or 8 out of 10) with a few scratches in the wood side veneer and one small scuff/tiny scratch on the top of one speaker. I took a bunch of pictures to capture all the finish defects. Let me know if you have any questions.
a48xpa5hndxn.jpg
m5j39p49hi5q.jpg
32cjtlli8pq5.jpg
0v1xvugq2muq.jpg
wuxt3ntailtt.jpg
v1wa1en80ull.jpg
0gsvnutr1sua.jpg
j8vzvdxi5hge.jpg

Comments

• DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,794
    Very beautiful, well reviewed speakers. GLWYS
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,131
    I’ve got a question.....

Do you accept food stamps as payment lol.

JK somebody will be happy w these. Just not me :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 436
    Is a child standing IN the fridge???
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 351
    Yup, my 4 year old son reaching for a juice box lol there was one left aaalllll the way in the back :)
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,967
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Yup, my 4 year old son reaching for a juice box lol there was one left aaalllll the way in the back :)

At least we wasn't reaching for your last beer ;)

These are nice speakers. They perform well above their price point

GLWTS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,133
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

At least we wasn't reaching for your last beer ;)

These are nice speakers. They perform well above their RETAIL price point

GLWTS

Fixed. They do even better at used pricing.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,971
    How are these still here? Gorgeous speakers.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,587
    I need another set of speakers like a need another wife...but, I'm tempted. I love a good bookie.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

According to Skip, one of the best bookies money can buy

Putting words in my mouth eh? Lol. I don't feel it's quite that good but it's definitely a speaker that lets you know you've made it to the game. For three figures you would have to look long and hard to best it - given it's in the appropriate setting.

If you've got the Kef ls50 and just feel like you're missing the mark, here is your speaker.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti

Guess i should say one of the better bookies...best is relative to ones taste ;)
    Lets get these sold fellas, I'd really rather not list on Craigslist lol
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,351
    What size of room do these need ya think....I have a 10 x 16 ft room which is a bit tight. Also, how would you compare these to 703s?
    The 703 simply doesn't compare. That is darn near perfect for them.
    audiothesis.com/

kevhed72 wrote: »
    What size of room do these need ya think....I have a 10 x 16 ft room which is a bit tight. Also, how would you compare these to 703s?

Shoot me a pm if you decide you're interested
    Price drop to $900
    Friday bump
    Now listed on usaudiomart as well
    Sold on AK