Best power amp for LSIM 707's?

2»

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,488
    ^^^^^^^

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

My kind of set-ups. The built-in one for sure!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    I bought a Yamaha Surround decoder the first year anybody came out with one. I was onboard with the HT idea from day 1.

And I've been enjoying movies here at home for 3/4 of my life. Even TV now has awesome sound effects that just blow me away and wonder how many millions of people don't hear what I'm hearing. I know some don't care but I sure do.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,208
    Tony M wrote: »
    Even TV now has awesome sound effects that just blow me away and wonder how many millions of people don't hear what I'm hearing. I know some don't care but I sure do.
    Dude! Folks watching Hawaii Five-0, Game of Thrones, Netflix, etc are missing out if they don't at least have a soundbar and a sub. Take it up to five channels and the better it gets! Heck, just the other day running just the front LCR in my house the Mrs. said she heard sounds off to the far side and behind her.

FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,666
    edited January 10
    hlshure wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I have the A31, 2250, and XPA3. I had a bad bout of rapid an incessant upgradeitis and don't remember what I had when I got the 707's. I imagine that the 2250 would be fine though.

What are you running right now and is HT or music your main application? How does your current setup sound and is there anything lacking in your opinion?

It's supposed to be HT but I ran out of stuff to watch so it does music mostly. I have to say that I liked my Monitor 70's better for music.
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
    WLDock wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Even TV now has awesome sound effects that just blow me away and wonder how many millions of people don't hear what I'm hearing. I know some don't care but I sure do.
    Dude! Folks watching Hawaii Five-0, Game of Thrones, Netflix, etc are missing out if they don't at least have a soundbar and a sub. Take it up to five channels and the better it gets! Heck, just the other day running just the front LCR in my house the Mrs. said she heard sounds off to the far side and behind her.

Yup, 5.1 here in the living room AND dining room too. I thought about my main bedroom but I have to draw the line there. I need sleep more than 5.1 in there.

The new Swat show gets the HT power turned on. My wife likes it too. The bass that these shows have now is incredible!

I'm glad I've lived long enough to see BIG flat tv.s and 5.1 for the home. I know there's 9.2 and Atmos and 4K Ultra HD, but HD and 5.1 are still awesome.
  • mpitogompitogo Posts: 291
    Monoprice has a $999 200wpc 20-20khz all ch driven Amplifier in your price range. Parasound is a brand I’ve mostly read about but have no experience with so I can’t compare. Hope you find what you are looking for.

For most of my listening pleasure, I power my 707 with a MA-5200. It’s only 100wpc but plenty for the low SPL I listen to, volume stays mostly at 50. The 707’s are much easier to drive than the LSi25 they replaced. The LSi25 are now just powered by an Atmos AVR MTM section only and as L/R so not as demanding as stereo music. The LSi subs are also connected to the L/R pre-out and calibrated with audyssey so hot and blending better.

The Halo is a pretty nice integrated. I really like the fact that the pre-out has both high-pass and low-pass available. With the power, available features it’s a reasonable package. I was recently looking to move the MA-5200 to another room and replace it with an MA-8900. Not so sure now.
    Music-2.0 Raidho D-3.1 | Audio Research Ref 40 | Jeff Roland 925 | Esoteric Grandioso K1 | Transparent Reference, IC, Speaker and Power | HRS SXR Rack
2»