College Football Playoff

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    For a four team playoff:

Four conference champs with the lowest ranked conference champ left out.

Anything else is being subjective based who we "Think" is better or what conference we "Think" is better.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Malbec wrote: »
    Ron, those two guys should should be suspended and send directly to the NFL.
    I'm sooo crossing my fingers for a Sooners-Tigers matchup.
    Mayfield has been unflappable in every game I watched this year.

I actually think this dynamic duo deserve the Heisman

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    That pair reminds me of the tandem Illinois had in the '90s. Simeon Rice was one of the two. Can't remember the other player.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    So who's watching the Alabama-Georgia game tomorrow night?

I am predicting a final score of 35-17, only reason I'm giving GA 17 points is because this is basically a home game for them LOL. But it should be a good game, though
    it's gonna be hard to top the OK-GA game, I'm thinking the 'Dawgs might be
    emotionally spent after that?

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I dont see either team sniffing 30 pts
  • Malbec
    Agreed. Both of these defenses can manufacture points though. Should be a good ball game.
  • txcoastal1
    I didn't expect Bama to put up points vs Clemson and they managed to get it done
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Alabama has one of the best wideouts in CFB today, plus 4 RBs that can play any given down. Throw Hurts into the mix, and they are definitely dangerous (IF they don't commit any TOs...) though they are missing a starter on OL.

Agreed, should be a good game.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • As much as I hate to I’ll be watching...and as an Ohio boy should, I’ll be rooting for GA.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    MSU fan hear, will be rooting for a great game... tomorrow night.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    It doesn't matter to me who wins. Go SEC!
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Until the Big 10 starts winning more bowl games overall, the SEC will be regarded as the better conference overall...and Im a Big 10 guy

Looks like the Big Ten was a pretty darn good conference this year. I have a problem with a team like Bama getting in when they didn't win their conference, heck, they didn't even win their division. They played a very weak schedule, played a patsy at the end of the year when most other schools were playing much tougher games. They get handed a gift and are fresh off a 12 game schedule (vs 13 for the others in the playoff) with an extra week, or two, to get everyone healthy. Just don't think it was earned. Having said that, I'm not sure who I would have put in overthem.

@jeremymarcinko Ohio St didn't just lose a game in conference, they got blown out by a pretty bad Iowa team. They didn't just get beat by Oklahoma, they got BLOWN OUT at home. They really didn't earn it as well.
  • @kharp1 I’m well aware of what Ohio State did and didn’t do...but thanks for letting me know. ;)
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    So if Bama wins it all, is that redemption for the ones who didn't make it to the playoffs???

No dog in this fight, I just like good football. To keep it short and sweet, IMHO needs to be top 6 with first round bye for top 2.

Top 8 makes season to long

You win some, you lose some

• kharp1
    @kharp1 I’m well aware of what Ohio State did and didn’t do...but thanks for letting me know. ;)

Well, I wasn't sure from reading your post defending them. How do you defend their two blowouts?
  • kharp1
    edited January 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    So if Bama wins it all, is that redemption for the ones who didn't make it to the playoffs???

No dog in this fight, I just like good football. To keep it short and sweet, IMHO needs to be top 6 with first round bye for top 2.

I think it's just further proof that they really don't have it right just yet. I agree with the 6 with 2 byes. I also like 8. it's be 16 games instead of 15, and the season could still end when it currently does.
    Post edited by kharp1 on
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735

I think they've already done that by taking out the number 1 team

I'd much rather see the top 8 go in. It's only 1 extra game. I could go without the conference championships if we went to an 8-team system. In fact, by not playing in the conference championship, that gave Alabama an edge by being able to get their players healthy again.

SEC! SEC!

and gig 'em aggies :smile:
    -Cody

Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • kharp1 wrote: »
    @kharp1 I’m well aware of what Ohio State did and didn’t do...but thanks for letting me know. ;)

Well, I wasn't sure from reading your post defending them. How do you defend their two blowouts?

You can’t compare prior years to the current state of things. As you said the Big 10 was pretty darn good this year.

College teams change so much week to week let alone year to year. Past successes and failures should not be considered in the current seasons body of work.
  • kharp1
    I in no way was talking about anything other than this season and asking how you can say a team with two blowouts, one at home and one against a fairly bad team, deserves to be in the playoff. Simple, straight forward question. Jut because you're a Buckeye fan doesn't mean they are deserving. the very twist of fate that allowed them to win the Big Ten was the same twist of fate that allowed Bama to lose their division with one loss. It's an imperfect system that's dictated by money and controlled by a few. The Power Five is the only sport in all of college sports that is decided this way, everyone else has a playoff system involving more than four teams which are decided by a handful of people behind closed doors.
  • Gotcha i was under impression you were referring to previous bowl games etc, because I wouldn’t consider the Oklahoma loss at two scores a blowout.

And I don’t recall ever stating they deserved a spot because I’m a fan...what’s up with that?

• kharp1
    You didn't, I did. It's pretty much just Buckeye fans that think they deserved to be in. they had a pretty good year, but, not good enough.
  • exalted512
    So I guess Bama was good enough to be in the CFP this year after all.
  • kharp1
    exalted512 wrote: »

Seems so. As I stated in an earlier thread I don't know who I could have put above Bama, even though I didn't think they had actually earned the right. I think the system is flawed and needs some tweaking. I think the 2 weeks off at the end of the year, that other teams didn't have, was an added benefit to Bama getting healthy. Would like to see the governing body put ruling in place requiring every conference eligible for the playoffs be required to play the same number of conference games. If conference championship winners aren't important then get rid of the conference championship games and expand the playoff to eight teams.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

Yet they weren't good enough to play in the SEC championship game.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Until the Big 10 starts winning more bowl games overall, the SEC will be regarded as the better conference overall...and Im a Big 10 guy
    Ironic how my team was the only Big10 team which lost. Maybe Harbaugh needs to cut ties with his offensive coordinator.

• kharp1
    Ironic how my team was the only Big10 team which lost. Maybe Harbaugh needs to cut ties with his offensive coordinator.

I think next year is the year UMich has to do something. Would be good for college football to have Michigan relevant again.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Our defense has been killing it but QB has been an issue and asking unproven QBs to throw in predictable passing downs never made sense all year to me.
  • Malbec
    They've made recent staff additions. Unfortunately the problem begins with Harbaugh.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-dan-enos-hired-coach-michigan-state-central-michigan
  • exalted512
    kharp1 wrote: »

Seems so. As I stated in an earlier thread I don't know who I could have put above Bama, even though I didn't think they had actually earned the right. I think the system is flawed and needs some tweaking. I think the 2 weeks off at the end of the year, that other teams didn't have, was an added benefit to Bama getting healthy. Would like to see the governing body put ruling in place requiring every conference eligible for the playoffs be required to play the same number of conference games. If conference championship winners aren't important then get rid of the conference championship games and expand the playoff to eight teams.

I agree completely that by not playing in the conference championship, that highly benefited Alabama. I'm on the fence of having or not having a conference championship game, but I'm definitely for an 8 team playoff. I think the system is better than what they had, and it will never be perfect, but having an 8 team playoff system will be as close as you will get to being perfect. I think it will happen, I just don't know when that might be.

On a side bar, I wish college would adopt the down by contact rule (so if you fall down on your own accord, you can get back up)...and that the NFL would adopt college football OT rules. I think it's a lot more fair and bases the outcome on the game more on skill rather than luck of the coin toss.
    -Cody
  • kharp1
    Yeah, take the training wheels off already.