Harbeth

13»

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,131
    I can't comment on the 7es3, but with the 30.2 none of that excitement is gone. It's just further back.

The P3ESR and SHL5+ have a more forward sound to them. The P3ESR has great scale to it - much larger than you'd expect from such a small speaker.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,959
    edited December 2017
    The wood finish on the Harbeth 30.2 is stunning.

DSCN2775.JPG
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,131
    2txhjggtcn8h.jpg

Thoroughly enjoying these 30.2. I've tried to improve the sound but I'm really not sure what else I could ask for with this setup.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Definitely one of those speakers that you leave the grills off of permanently.
  • minerminer Posts: 1,132
    That is a beautiful pic DSkip. I may upgrade my Sonus faber Cremona Auditor Ms to the Harbeth 40.2 but need to hear them first.
    [
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,782
    I got to hear these last night and all three pairs of Harbeths were impressive in their own way.
    The 30.2's were so unique to me with the recessed soundstage. I was sitting about 6 feet from the speakers, but the sound seemed to be 10-12 ft away from me. With my eyes open it was almost distracting because it was so unique and stunning to have the speakers so close to me, but for the sound seemingly not coming from the speakers. A fantastic speaker. If I had to choose between these and the Fiesole, I'd be a very tough decision. It would probably come down to your room size and maybe even the aesthetics of the speaker.

Forgive me for not knowing the model numbers, but the little Harbeths were unreal for a speaker of their size. Granted, they cost 2 grand they look about like a computer monitor, but oddly they sound nothing like my little Creative computer speakers.

I found the bigger Harbeths to be very similar to the 30.2, but with the soundstage not near as recessed. As Skip said about the two, it would really depend on your room as to which you would choose. Bigger room=bigger speakers, smaller room=30.2.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents after listening to each speaker for 3-4 songs last night. Nothing in depth obviously, but I heard enough to know why the Harbeths get so much love. The praise is well deserved.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • markmarcmarkmarc Posts: 2,249
    edited December 2017
    I agree whole-heartily with Steve's comments on the 7es3's. Harbeth's are just "natural", no other way to put it. Letting my pair go was the hardest audio decision I have made. But, if there is one truth the Harbeth line, it's that model/room matching is critical. In my 13x18 family room and 15x19 living room the 7es3's were phenomenal. However when I claimed a spare bedroom at 9x12, they just didn't have the room to breathe. One of these days I need bring in a pair of P3's and listen to their magic in that small space.
    Staff Member TONEAudio
    Blogger Site_ smallspacesaudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Musical Fidelity A5 int, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree Nova 150, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan1.6 w/SkiingNinja x-overs, Totem Signature One's, Totem Rainmakers, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands
    Analog: Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
    ^^ Reported.
  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 2,114
    40.2 Pro Monitor...hard to beat...
13»