sonos users must read...

124»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    He chuckles as he once again pushes play on the remote for his SACD/CD player resulting in instant glorious sounding music.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Bro, do you even Tidal?
    F1nut wrote: »
    He chuckles as he once again pushes play on the remote for his SACD/CD player resulting in instant glorious sounding music.

• F1nut
    edited December 2017
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Bro, do you even Tidal?

Hell no, why should I? I have tons of music I actually own and I have a world class SACD/CD player.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited December 2017
    Haha, just giving you crap. I don't either, but considering switching from Pandora to Tidal.

Trust me I have a lot of discs and enjoy playing music that I own as well.
    Hell no, why should I? I have tons of musc I own and I have a world class SACD/CD player.

• F1nut
    Ya got me.

President of Club Polk

• so this is interesting. a few days ago i went to every setting on the sonos and changed it and than i changed it back. some settings i left turned off like the send information to sonos option, next i muted the unit and un-muted the unit. next i hit update music library and waited till it was done., next I unplugged it for the night..

in the morning i plugged it back in and it sounds about the way it did before that update. so its back to sounding the way it was. the warmth is back and im happy with it again..

i am not sure what did it but its sounding alright again..
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    so this is interesting. a few days ago i went to every setting on the sonos and changed it and than i changed it back. some settings i left turned off like the send information to sonos option, next i muted the unit and un-muted the unit. next i hit update music library and waited till it was done., next I unplugged it for the night..

in the morning i plugged it back in and it sounds about the way it did before that update. so its back to sounding the way it was. the warmth is back and im happy with it again..

In all seriousness, you're not coming off a bad cold or sinus infection? I know a few times a year with my allergies the system just doesn't sound right. Otherwise, I wonder if there's something wrong with your Sonos Connect itself.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Thorton wrote: »
    so this is interesting. a few days ago i went to every setting on the sonos and changed it and than i changed it back. some settings i left turned off like the send information to sonos option, next i muted the unit and un-muted the unit. next i hit update music library and waited till it was done., next I unplugged it for the night..

In all seriousness, you're not coming off a bad cold or sinus infection? I know a few times a year with my allergies the system just doesn't sound right. Otherwise, I wonder if there's something wrong with your Sonos Connect itself.

my sinusus are kind of bad. they usually get that way during winter but i really dont think this is the issue..i have never had that effect my hearing before.

my connect is several years old and gets lots of use.. so i guess its possible that its starting to wear out. its hard to say..
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    My units are well over 5 years old, probably around 8, never a problem.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    My units are well over 5 years old, probably around 8, never a problem.

im gonna say mines is around 6 - 8 years old. its back to sounding fine so i dont know what the deal was..
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect