Rogue One

I got to see this yesterday evening and thought it was fantastic! Totally Star Wars through and through. When I first heard they were moving forward with production on this film, I had this mental image in my mind of how I hoped the ending would play out. They nailed it beyond my expectations, giving me this big smile and "YES!" fist pump!

I will say this, if you're not a big Star Wars fan, then you probably won't be as excited over the movie. It was totally done with the fan in mind. For those casual fans that may not have seen Ep IV A New Hope in a long time, give it a viewing first.
No excuses!

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Yep looking forward to seeing it Monday... Could not squeeze it in yesterday and it was too full by the time we got to buying our tickets at the theater
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    Going in a week, and have heard nothing but good things. I just so, so glad Abrams is not the director, he **** up the last SW films something horrible. I so hope this is as bad...
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I tried to see it last weekend but all the times I wanted to see it was sold out.
    I plan on going between now and new years.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    Took the family to it yesterday (movies and Chinese food on Christmas) and loved it! Definitely some good audio demo material in there. I wish/hope Disney will start putting stuff out on UHD in 2017 (still waiting to buy TFA on UHD).
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Rogue One was everything we didn't get with TFA - great character development (The cornerstone of any great film, IMHO), emotional attachment, no over done cliché elements, and a flawless fit into the Star Wars timeline. The film has an overall dark feel to it (minus a bit of well utilized comic relief) that fits the story to a tee.

As a huge Star Wars fan, having seen all of the films several times, and read many of the "expanded universe" books, I can honestly say this is the best Star Wars film I have seen.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    I honestly thought it was fantastic.
  • Joey_V
    And still I havent gone to see it.... dang it!!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Saw it last night. Great story. Still not sold on the 3D? We were in the third row from bottom of the mega screen. Blurry at times. Maybe we were too close? Give me clean crisp 1080p and I am happy. Only 3D movie I enjoyed was Avatar. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Joey_V
    Finally... saw it tonight.

Wow.

Any negative comments from people who have not seen it.... proves that you just gotta keep an open mind.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    My five year old and I saw it the weekend it came out. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Dabutcher wrote: »
    Saw it last night. Great story. Still not sold on the 3D? We were in the third row from bottom of the mega screen. Blurry at times. Maybe we were too close? Give me clean crisp 1080p and I am happy. Only 3D movie I enjoyed was Avatar. Peace. D

The 3D was weak or I should say not as good as with the last Hobbit movie in 3D. I would say that the 3D was added after the film was done and not shot fully in 3D.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    My Son and I saw it today...totally blown away with how great a job they did tying it in with the original Star Wars. This is a classic for Star Wars fans. I have a few small gripes, but overall a stellar movie.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Zombie Thread!!!
    So I finally found a moment to watch this.

The beginning quarter seemed jumped and I couldn't quite follow who was who but then things slowly started to come together. Once the movie found it's way, it was flat out awesome start to the end. A perfect setup for a New Hope.

Sorry for reopening this. Just felt I needed to voice my utmost satisfaction here. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Of the 3 new "Disney" Star Wars films, Rogue One is my favorite. I thought it was VERY well done.
    No excuses!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I thought it was the best dialogue and acting of any of the films (haven’t seen the new one). I think it was the best movie of the series in many ways, but might not have the magic...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I just rewatched Rogue One over the weekend, and liked it even better the second time. A bit more dark than the usual Star Wars with an intense ending.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.