More Stuff For Sale

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited November 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have too much stuff. You don't have enough. There's a relationship there. So, I have decided to list more stuff for sale here at the Polk Flea Market area. Crafty huh?

AR 78LS speakers - For local pick-up only because I don't like youse guys enough to ship them. Three-way, 12" acoustic suspension from the people who invented good speakers, AND deep bass. The woofs need to be re-foamed. You can do this, I know it. Don't ask me why, I just know it. $125. Re-foam these and the low end will cave your chest in. Cabs are sweet.

AR 18bx speakers - Also local pick-up only. Two-way, 8" acoustic suspension from the same people that made the AR 78LS's mentioned above. Woofs need re-foam. Grilles and cabs are great, AND, the tweeter is gold colored. This means if your walls, or furniture, or eyes are gold colored, and you listen with the grilles off, the speakers will either match your eyes, walls, or furniture. Nobody EVER thinks of stuff like that. This is why Wendi wants ME, not you. $50.

Jamo Compact 60 speakers - Very little speakers that will require a subwoofer unless you use them as headphones. Ported with either a 3 or 4 inch woofer and some kind of tweeter. These are very "cute" and they have a trendy name. If your friends own
B & O speakers they will be VERY jealous, cause you will ALSO have speakers made in Scandinavia, but theirs cost a lot more, and aren't any better. Great for surrounds (as long as you have Jamo's up front too)! $40 pus shipping.

Marantz SR-620 receiver - Immaculate with wood case and "champagne" face. 55wpc @ 4 ohms. Great for the extra room, office, or kids. Much too nice for a garage rig because I said so. Don't argue with me. $60 plus chipping (I'm Puerto Rican tonight).

Marantz SR-7100DC receiver - THIS is the one I want you to buy for your garage, unless you want to put/use it someplace else. 63wpc @ 4 ohms, the face and case are okay, but not immaculate like the one above. Picky people should buy the other one. I would if I were you. Also $60 plus chipping meng. The only thing wrong is, it has a clock aboard. The clock/timer uses a battery back-up. The place where the batteries go is on the top of the receiver. The little door that hides the batteries is gone, so if you use cheap batteries, your friends will know. The horror, the horror.

I have a lot more stuff for sale that I would gladly sell to someone if I wasn't getting so sleepy now.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    Options
    What is it? Springtime in NJ?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • George Grand
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I told you THAT ARAFAT IS DEAD!!!!! The girl on the news just said so. Long live somebody else.

I TOLD you I was getting sleepy. Now I'm going to be sleepy and cranky. The AR 78's are about two inches too wide for me to apply them to Tiffany's bedroom. This is the same with the ADS L730's Doro is coming to pick-up. I will leave the KLH Model 6's in Tiff's bedroom because of this, plus I am very sentimental about them. We have been together since 1975.

You can't believe how much stuff I have crammed into the room with my He-Man rig. You almost can't SEE the He-Man rig, let alone listen to it. I want to see and hear it again, that's why youse guys are getting these fantastic, mind-boggling offers. PLUS, because Arafat won't be buying stuff off me anymore. He was a big audio man and used to throw around a lot of cash here.

I will allow you to purchase the DBX tuner for 50 U.S. dollars plus chipping. You will thank me for this. Trust me.

Okay Huck, I just saw the DBX 200 post. $100 plus chipping for the two. They are both mint, and I have the original box and packing for the 200. Both will fit in the same bombproof box. PM me your chipping address por favor.

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2004
    Options
    what is the DBX tuner? i'm curious now.

as i'm looking for a awesome sounding FM tuner myself.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Just buy it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Tough to buy an item that's already been sold...
    Then again, we could always get into a bidding war... :p
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • George Grand
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Oops. Today is a hectic day. I thought I put in a post after Doro's indicating that the DBX tuna is property of Tour as of late last night. Sorry Danger Boy. I have a Yamaha T-70 you might be interested in. Black faced AM/FM tuna.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2004
    Options
    AR78LS's! those are awesome. Had a pair a long, long time ago!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Hey George

Getting rid on any interesting 2 channel preamps with a remote that can also switch on power amp?

Just asking.

Peter
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by bikezappa
    Hey George

Getting rid on any interesting 2 channel preamps with a remote that can also switch on power amp?

Arafat grabbed the last one. He was using it to power up his heart/lung machine. The little plastic door that holds the batteries in was missing. He didn't want his friends to know he was using cheap batteries. The batteries fell out. The rest is history.
  • George Grand
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I have the Yamaha CX-800 remote control preamp. It is a nice preamp, but I don't think it includes one of those trigger things. If you're just talking about accessory power outlets on the **** end it does indeed have those. 5 switched outlets with a total 200 watt capacity, and one unswitched with a max 400 watt.

Preamp also features selectable phono cartridge loading, phase inverter switch, adjustable turnover frequency for bass/treble, and line inputs for CD, TUNER, DAT (in & out), TAPE (in & out), VCR 1 and VCR 2 (ins & outs), and CDV (laser disc). Video inputs include CDV, TV, and VCR1 & 2 (ins and outs). Video dubbing is a feature. Pull down door hides almost all controls for a neat fascia, and remote/owners manual too.

$125 + shipping.

• George Grand
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I just noticed the "just asking" part. Exactly what does that mean? Does it mean if I do have a really good pre that fits the bill you're going to say "Oh wow! Cool!" instead of "I'll take it" or is it just me here?

• Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Damn... everything does piss you off, doesn't it?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2004
    Options
    When dealing with Mr. Grand, either buy it now or shut up. No offense of course.

Nothing coming out of that location is subject to anything but immediate purchase.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Agreed! The man gets some great gear and passes on great deals like it is nothing. If he has spent money to buy it and will package it in his usual outstanding fashion I might buy it whether I need it or not.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • bikezappa
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I have been busy and have not checked email. I didn't get the last 3 emails on this topic. I only got the first one.

I'll let your know about the preamp by 5:00 today at the lastest.

Thanks for your offer.

I don't have access to email at work.

Peter
  • bikezappa
    edited November 2004
    Options
  • bikezappa
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I looked every where for a picture or info on a Yamaha CX-800 preamp. Can some one help me on a Friday afternoon?

Thanks much.

Peter
  • George Grand
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Tour,

You think I'm going to start lying at my age? Yes, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G pisses me off to no end. This right here is pissing me off. The very idea that you would think I was kidding about it pisses me off. Life in all its glory pisses me off. A millesecond of not being pissed off is like a millesecond without sunshine.

Lucky Strikes
    Gosling's Black Seal Rum
    Wise Potato Chips
    Coffee (only COFFEE flavored coffee)
    Being Pissed Off
    A Zippo lighter

There you have it. All my needs in one neat little pile.

I pride myself in being able to find fault with ANYTHING and then being pissed off about it. Think it's easy? Try it. Not for the faint of heart I can tell you for sure.

• Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Hope it doesn't add to your "pissd-off-idness" but I'm LMAO...

Partly cause of your post and partly because halfway through your list Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" started playing in my head...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli