Possible to connect Magnifi subwoofer directly with cable?

Hello,

I have been having trouble with the subwoofer on my recently purchased Magnifi soundbar making occasional crackling/light grinding noises. As I have seen on some other posts volume doesn't seem to be a major factor in when it happens, and it does not seem to be very predictable as to what signal will cause the distortion. I think that it might be possible that it is getting wireless interference? I'm familiar with what an overdriven speaker acts/sounds like when being pushed too hard and this issue doesn't seem to quite fit the usual behavior for that. Plus I have yet to turn the system up very loud. I think the loudest I've had it so far is "2 lights" as shown on the bar.

I noticed that there is a 1/8" input jack on the back of the subwoofer and I was wondering if is possible to use that to connect directly to the soundbar to bypass/test the wireless interference issue? I can't find any info anywhere about the jack though other than what is printed on the back of the sub, and so I thought I would check. I don't want to accidentally damage the unit by making to assumptions. I appreciate the info and assistance!

Comments