How do you like these Apples!

First of the season Honeycrisp Apples were in the store today.

If you like apples and have never had a Honeycrisp go get yourself some.

http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/a20018/honeycrisp-price-explained/
My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    edited September 2017
    heh --- up here, the "store" has grass on the ground, and picking's required.
    They sell apples in stores? Are they like those "tomatoes" they sell?

;)

I am kidding -- mostly.
    I will say, though, that I never cared much for apples until we moved to Harvard (which is apple country in MA) and got used to gettin' em fresh-picked (usually by us) in the fall.

Apples aren't bad up here, either. We have a smattering of ancient apple trees, but I haven't managed to get them into shape (and may never). We do get a few apples from 'em -- the deer get most of them.

oh, and I do like honeycrisp.

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    one of our favorites too.
  • Honeycrisps are fantastic, especially when freshly picked or purchased from a local orchard at the right time of the year.

Enjoy!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• I was never much of an apple fan until i tried Honeycrisps from our local orchard a few years back. Now they are one of the things i look forward to this time of year, along with football and the cooler weather.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    In our area honey crisps are year round aaaand terrible. The last few years that's all anyone wants to sell. I like apples and really like Braeburn's from New Zealand but will take a Washington st Braeburn but those and the Cameo's went extinct once the honeys came in. My only complaint with Honeycrisp is they bruise so easily that finding one here that is not all beat to snot is hard. They have been around forever but were used as juice apples.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Pink Lady's are another fantastic apple. Hard to come by...they were bred in Australia. If you ever have a chance to get one I highly recommend trying. I bought one and haven't been able to find them since.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    You guys can talk all day and sing all night about apples...butif we don't know where local is, we don't know where they are coming from ;)

I do know that the tri-state area of southern Illinois/IA/MO, produces some pretty good honey crisps. Would be one of my demands to go take a drive when visiting my dad in Quincy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    HC is or was my favourite apple and has been for years. I say was because I can't eat apples anymore as I shouldn't eat apples due to ongoing stomach issues. But boy when I see them I'm reminded of that crunch, followed by a sweet and juicy bite.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Mott's
    And i recycle the bottle when done. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Pink Lady's make Honeycrisps taste like but t
  • My wife and I went out for dinner this evening at a local orchard that has a farm store and a restaurant -- Applecrest Orchard with Applecrest Farm Bistro as the restaurant.

Before dinner we purchased a number of things at the farm store, including some Honey Crisp and Jersey MacIntosh apples, that had been grown on the farm.

The Honey Crisps won on the dimensions of firmness and texture.

The Macs won on the dimension of taste, which admittedly is more of a personal preference question. The Macs, I think, are now beyond their prime picking point in my area of seacoast New Hampshire.

The best Mac I ever had however, was one I purchased at a farm stand in Freeport, ME, in early October, 1985.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Now that I remember honeycrisp were a second to
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SweeTango

SweeTango are amazing!
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Ive been having my share right off the tree. I live in Wenatchee but work in Chelan where I grew up and I get the ok to grab some off the trees as I make my rounds. They are sooo good!