Flat-panel TV between speakers, how to treat or diffuse?

Options
I have a 65" plasma between the 2.3 TL's, speakers are about 8" from back wall, but the TV is about even with the rear of the speakers. Being a plasma, the screen is glass, so any recommendations on treating the panel when listening to 2CH would be greatly appreciated.

I can probably move the speakers out a tiny bit, then slide the TV back some, but mounting on the wall could prove to be difficult for side viewing, If I can leave it on it's own stand that would be great.

Comments

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    How does it sound as you have it know?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Please remove the "k".. sorry..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Can't sound that bad imho.
    If you must, just use a blanket...
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,755
    Options
    It sounds good, I just don't know if it's bad juju to have a protrusion from the wall like this when dealing with SDA's.

The TV nearly fills the entire gap between the speakers, with 4-5" gap between edge of tv and the speaker cabinets.

I could always remove the tv and test, but just curious If anyone has noticed any detrimental effects with a setup like this.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,474
    Options
    My first thought is not a problem but I have been surprised many times with this hobby.
    I would test with and without to make sure.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Options
    I have a standard LCD that is about 1" behind the back of my 1c's, and 5-6" from the sides. The bottom 1/4 of the TV is below the top of the speakers. I don't notice any detriment. Worst case hang a curtain over the TV and open and close it like a movie theater. :p