Custom Audio Rack Complete!

stainless0steel2
stainless0steel2 Posts: 193
edited August 2017 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Yes after a few weeks of work I've finally gotten this thing assembled. I still need to turn some stainless caps for the tops. But acorn nuts will do for now.
The only issue I'd ran into was the Jell-O like stance it originally had. I couldn't even walk by it without it moving all over the place. But I made some brackets and now it's skookum as well as turntable friendly.
Cable management needs to be addressed tomorrow.

0jyaen5damd4.jpg
htpfzmexub0b.jpg
vlfswa29g7aj.jpg
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Brian is that you?
  • Sí senior. B)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Dang! We thought you went pewp and the hogs ate you.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Glad to see you back Brian, nice rack and gear

Out of curiosity, was Larry any influence in the audio thing or have you always had the bug
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Yea Larry had some influence but he really opened a huge door for me. Being an audiophile has taken all my interest, hobbies, and skills and combined them into one.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It's nice to have people local with the same enthusiasm

A little jealous of the skills and access to do your custom projects

You and Larry have done a great job B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Welcome back homeboy
    Nice rack and i just don't say that to every guy :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Looks nice!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Love the Minor Threat and Sabbath on the wall!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I bet you're getting bored of those 2Bs eh? Ready to trade them plus cash for some Dynaudio action you say?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Very nice work.
  • Very nice Brian! I like the red as an accent color for the room, fits well!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Looking good Brian, I'm sure your set-up sounds every bit as good as it looks!

N'joy!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited August 2017
    Fill the legs w sand or shoe and that will keep it from tipping for sure
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834

The legs are solid steel...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

The legs are solid steel...

Then.... never mind lol... I thought they were hollow DOH!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    That turned out beautifully, Brian.2

I also like those two giant Red Velvet Cakes you have next to your stand.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Thanks guys!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I'm glad to see you back on the Fourm...
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited August 2017
    Nice job! I could definitely kick back in that space and run some Hank thru the needle.
  • msg wrote: »

I originally liked the way they looked too. Until my roommate pointed out that they're Ohio State colors. Being a Nebraska fan this will need to change.
    I might murder them out like Larry did with his 1.2's. Except keep the aluminum strip.
    5p8o9yhglmjt.jpg

• pitdogg2
    edited August 2017
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I'm glad to see you back on the Fourm...

Yea what happened to ya?
  • It was one of those days where outside frustrations clashed with a huge work load and a one timer on here set me over the edge. He wanted some custom spikes and after a couple emails back and forth I told him politely "no." He was clearly disappointed/angry, and after his last email I said (enter foul language here) I don't need this and I don't deserve this and I logged in and contacted Ken.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Nice work! Like to see those 2B's with some stainless spikes to better match the Al strips.

Thanks for sharing.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • pitdogg2
    It was one of those days where outside frustrations clashed with a huge work load and a one timer on here set me over the edge. He wanted some custom spikes and after a couple emails back and forth I told him politely "no." He was clearly disappointed/angry, and after his last email I said (enter foul language here) I don't need this and I don't deserve this and I logged in and contacted Ken.

I'm sorry Brian some folks are just clueless.
    Your are correct you didn't deserve that.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I originally liked the way they looked too. Until my roommate pointed out that they're Ohio State colors. Being a Nebraska fan this will need to change.
    I might murder them out like Larry did with his 1.2's. Except keep the aluminum strip.
    Oh, those are speakers.
    I really thought they were cakes.
    Probably didn't have enough milk anyway.
    Unsubscribed.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    msg wrote: »

5p8o9yhglmjt.jpg

Ohio Sate colors, only if you had gray end caps. They do pop against those charcoal walls (or is that dark gray ) really a good look.

Scarlet and Gray, go Bucks.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Very nice !
    Harman Kardon HK 505
    Harman Kardon HT 500
    Optonica RP 3636 mkll
    Luxman L210
    Luxman T240
    Luxman PD-289
    Audio Technica at12sa
    Audio Technica at440mla
    Signet tk5ea
    Shure M97xE
    ADC XLM mkII
    Pioneer CT-F9191
    Pioneer RT 707
    Pioneer DV 563A
    JVC XL-V251
    Cerwin Vega Sub 150
    Polk Monitor 10's
    Polk Monitor 7's
    Wharfedale w70d
    Wharfedale w60d
    Wharfedale w40d
    Advent Baby II
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    sexy!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.