San Antonio August 26th GTG

I am having an end of summer audio get together at my place. So, if you are close enough or want to make the drive, message me for the address. Maybe Skip will chime in, as he is bringing new toys to play with.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'll do my best
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Luther,

I will try to make it. Head there Saturday morning and leave Sunday. It's been a long time since I last visited.

I will look up hotels
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Man, wish I lived closer for this.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Dang it Luther. Would have really liked to make the journey but will be out of town that day.

I'm sure it will be a great time. Enjoy
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    tratliff wrote: »
    Dang it Luther. Would have really liked to make the journey but will be out of town that day.

I'm sure it will be a great time. Enjoy

That's OK, there will always be another one.

• Wardsweb
    edited August 2017
    Confirmed that a friend of mine is doing her fantastic smoker pulled pork, smoked jalapeno sausage and smoked mac & cheese. Of course, there will be plenty of music, beverages and tall tales to go around.
  • Wardsweb
    DSkip wrote: »
    And good music! I'll be there with some goodies in tow. The Italian Beast will make an appearance as long as someone helps me get it out of the box!

Looking forward to listening to those before everyone arrives.
  • txcoastal1
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    And good music! I'll be there with some goodies in tow. The Italian Beast will make an appearance as long as someone helps me get it out of the box!

Looking forward to listening to those before everyone arrives.

I'll be there Thursday :p

Did my share of camping out for tickets back in the day

And San Antonio is where I grew up
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Wardsweb
    The count down begins. Saturday cannot get here fast enough. I did pick up a case of linked sausages from Smitty's in Lockhart, TX for the smoker. YUM!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    My middle daughter and son-in-law just relocated to San Antonio last month and bought a home North of town. Will be visiting soon--but, not soon enough to make your get together, Luther.

I hope you all have a blast!

Mike
  • Wardsweb
    Hey Mike,

I'm looking forward to this Luther. I've got the Volterra playing through right now. They are nowhere near broken in even now (its not obvious until you hear where the Fiesole are at) but they are still damn good. What I'm NOT looking forward to is packing up the Italian Beast. UGH!

We appreciate your sacrifice for us. B)
  • BlueMDPicker
    Hey Mike,

When are you going to be in SA? Depending on when maybe we can all meet up

Hi Skip,

The dates are not yet firmed-up. The kids are taking a delayed honeymoon to Italy in early October, so I'm guessing late October/early November for our visit. That would be very cool to meet forum people in the area!

Mike
  • Wardsweb
    Hi Skip,

The dates are not yet firmed-up. The kids are taking a delayed honeymoon to Italy in early October, so I'm guessing late October/early November for our visit. That would be very cool to meet forum people in the area!

Mike

Whenever you're down here will be fine. I am always open to having people over.
  • txcoastal1
    Also MD if your daughter lives East of 281 she probably lives close to Luther's buddy John...another great guy and audio nut

• BlueMDPicker
    wardsweb wrote:
    Whenever you're down here will be fine. I am always open to having people over.

Thanks Luther, that would be my pleasure!

txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Also MD if your daughter lives East of 281 she probably lives close to Luther's buddy John...another great guy and audio nut

Ron,

They are actually more west than north. I suck at directions until I've driven a route. They are near the junction of 1604 and 151. All I've seen so far are pics.

Mike
  • Wardsweb
    San Antonio is surrounded by two circles. 1604 is the outer circle and 410 is the inner circle. Hwy 151 and 1604 intersect on the west side of San Antonio.

ssx9lmv5v4qd.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sounds like a blast Luther! Enjoy!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Wardsweb
    Just my luck, I plan a get together for weeks, only to have a storm decide to descend on us the very same day. What are the odds? Oh well, meet is still on. I expect the storm will affect the numbers but for those who show, we will have some fun.
  • txcoastal1
    Excuse my absence Luther
    Don't expect much more than a ton of rain, but don't feel comfortable leaving the family.

I know where you live ;)

--Cheers and have a great time
    Ron

• Wardsweb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Excuse my absence Luther
    Don't expect much more than a ton of rain, but don't feel comfortable leaving the family.

I know where you live ;)

--Cheers and have a great time
    Ron

Totally understand. Always, family first.
  • Wardsweb
    As expected, out of towners are playing it safe and staying home. Skip let me know he isn't coming and I'm expecting the same from Halen. I will still have a few locals over for the "hurricane party."
  • Wardsweb
    The smoker filled getting ready for the get together

j8exdnjkvz66.jpg
  • Wardsweb
    Spinning some vinyl with Tiny Grimes

6nkpx914b05b.jpg
  • Wardsweb
    Now some MOFI Bill Evans

ik6totm7qqjt.jpg