Questions about replacement Tweeters & Woofers for RT1000P's???

Davino1Davino1 Posts: 16
I blew out my speakers and want to replace and, if possible, upgrade them. I would appreciate any advice.

Here is a pair of tweeters on ebay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pr-Audax-Polydax-1-polymer-dome-tweeter-replacement-diaphragms-voice-coils/172207240118?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649, would these upgrade the sound and would they fit?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,666
    edited August 2017
    Every driver or tweeter has a certain set of parameters designed to work with the crossover and cabinet volume. Therefore, swapping parts without that information is never a good idea.

So, if you're thinking the reason for the damaged drivers/tweeters in your speakers is inferior parts, you'd be wrong. That would most likely be due to user error.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk