Dead Amp?

Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
I've got an Outlaw mono that I purchased used. It worked for a bit but tonight has decided not to work. It powers on fine but won't actually emit any kind of sound. I've tried powering a left main with it instead to rule out a setting issue and still nothing.

Is there anything else I can check before I give up on it? I only paid $100 for it so I'm not completely heart broken but it does kind of suck that it just seems to have died for no reason. :(

Comments

• Airplay355
    I forgot to add, I can hear low background noise from the tweeter with my ear right up to it, you know...the normal hissing but no actual signal at all.
  • Airplay355
    Problem solved! It was the brand new BJC interconnect I ordered. I'm done with that company. First order, they left out parts of a banana plug and another was broken. Now, I find out one of the interconnects is ****. I guess you get what you pay for. Sorry for posting this in the electronics forum.
  • Airplay355
    Yea you're right. It's just a $20 interconnect but damnit I thought I had settings gremlins, then amp gremlins, then speaker wire gremlins. I never thought a new interconnect would be bad. I guess I should have checked that sooner.