Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I seriously consideref using an RTA 8T as a center. No cutting, but woulda been Big League!
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    msg wrote: »
    I do have to wonder how the S35 and S30 compare. @DSkip or anyone else who's had ears on both - is it just a profile build difference, or does one offer a performance improvement over the other? Can't remember whether @rburgess714 tried both when he was auditioning speakers for his system.

No, I didn't audition I just ordered. Liked the size and placement options in my cabinet.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mrloren wrote: »
    double that for the S30.. I like mine and that is from a guy who went from a CSi5 monster to the S30.

Come on Polk make a 6.5" Signature (S40 is open) Center speaker pretty please. I will even beta test it...

You could always get a another Signature S60 or a S55 and lay it on its side and use it as a center, maybe even cut out the middle section below the speakers with a circular saw and then glue the power port in side ways. If there is a will, there is a diy way!

Is that possible, or were you attempting humor?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Rick88 wrote: »
    While browsing the internet for pics of the Signature Series, it appears they will be available in white in England. I think they look great in white and Polk should offer the option in the US. B)

https://www.whathifi.com/news/polk-launches-magnifi-max-soundbar-and-signature-range-loudspeakers

uavl1rpneg73.jpg
    cl5k3cjcfy9h.jpg

I like the white as well. I'm glad they went with the black grill cloth and not the gray grill cloth. Bring 'em stateside @D2Lo
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    The white would be ideal in a modern, minimalist setting.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yeah, I saw these at Polk in Vista. Nice speaker. If I had my choice I would get the brown out of the 3.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I think the white looks classy, as well as making the drivers stand out more.
    Hoth Edition, ready to jam
    2t1eykvp7g3w.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    The white looks awesome. Not my thing, but I bet I could get used to it.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• if i had a all white room with white carpet, that is probably about the only time i would like to have white speakers. there kind of cool but i think i would regret buying white speakers.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited July 2017
    halo wrote: »
    While browsing the internet for pics of the Signature Series, it appears they will be available in white in England. I think they look great in white and Polk should offer the option in the US. B)

https://www.whathifi.com/news/polk-launches-magnifi-max-soundbar-and-signature-range-loudspeakers

uavl1rpneg73.jpg
    cl5k3cjcfy9h.jpg

I like the white as well. I'm glad they went with the black grill cloth and not the gray grill cloth. Bring 'em stateside @D2Lo

That grille cloth color was the subject of much debate. A few dozen whites, blacks, and grays were tested. The only way to get the white grille cloth to look right was to back it, which effected the sound, so we ended up going dark to ensure they sounded the same across colors. Hypothetically someone might have black or brown front stages and center with white surrounds on the wall. Not sure if they will come stateside though. In Europe a very large portion of speakers sold are white so it was a must for that market. In the US people always seem to ask for them, but historically they don't sell as well, though I know a lot of the employees have wanted them in white...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    White looks cool and these look mighty cool. But that effect for me will wear off in about an hour after they were home.

At least they didn't do hooker red grill cloth.
  • mrloren
    The RTi4 I have at work are white. When I got them they were about 50% of the cost of cherry or black.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • halo
    White hides the dust better than the brown or the black ;)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    @DSkip - Can you order the Signature Series speakers in White?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Sorry guys, white speakers are "ugh" to me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Not a fan of the white myself....looks too much like Bose white.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    tonyb wrote: »
    Not a fan of the white myself....looks too much like Bose white.

As opposed to Bose black or Bose Walnut.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo
    edited July 2017
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sorry guys, white speakers are "ugh" to me.
    That's cool man, you don't have to like the White speakers. Different strokes for different folks :)

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    So Victor, white speakers matter?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Im a third, not a fan of white. They are "too loud" for me...and the music isn't even playing yet?!?!

I do love the brown signature line though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • halo
    F1nut wrote: »
    So Victor, white speakers matter?

I think they ALL matter Jesse :)
  • mrloren
    Color does not matter, sound matters. Color comes 2nd. That's why I have the black walnut, brown would have been a lot better color match but could not pass on the Adorama deal

The white would look cool maybe in some houses but not mine. Then again they would blend well out in the living room with the white sofa. Wife wouldn't even know they are there for months.
  • halo
    Color does not matter, sound matters. Color comes 2nd. That's why I have the black walnut, brown would have been a lot better color match but could not pass on the Adorama deal

The white would look cool maybe in some houses but not mine. Then again they would blend well out in the living room with the white sofa. Wife wouldn't even know they are there for months.

You must be new here 'cuz EVERYTHING matters my friend! It's all about the synergy baby :)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited July 2017
    'K .......I live in a hand hewn log cabin. White clad speakers will stand out like a cold sore on a super models lip.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    So what you're saying, Russ, is that they're your Kryptonite.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrloren
    halo wrote: »

You must be new here 'cuz EVERYTHING matters my friend! It's all about the synergy baby :)

haha only been a member for like 11 years or so.

Don't think I would have gotten the white if that was my choice when I got my S60.
  • lightman1
    msg wrote: »
    So what you're saying, Russ, is that they're your Kryptonite.

Close! I've seen and heard some uglya$$ speakers that sounded great. I've seen some works of art that fell flat......

In this sense....colourful speakers have their place in certain environments.
    Are they statement furniture pieces? Or are they designed for function over fashion........??
  • lightman1
    Addendum: Shady Skip had a set up at LSAF with a set of Rossos.. Roseos. Roscoes....??? The cabinets and side panel colours were "unconventional".
    But the sound...The Music!... bella provissimo!