Biwiring - integrated amp with two ouputs - try it?

Options
Sorry for my bad descriptor. I have an integrated amp with bi-wireable outputs..... So (4) pairs of speaker outputs. Is there most likely going to be a sonic benefit to bi-wiring my speakers with two sets of speaker cable?

I will try it, but in most instances, is there an audible difference when bi-wiring from one amp? My integrated is the Plinius 9200 and the speakers are Paradigm Signature S4's.

Thanks for any ideas. I'm sure it's been addressed before, but I had to ask!

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I doubt you will hear much of a difference.

Now if you are still using the stock jumpers (most likely brass plates) on the speakers you might find a improvement from removing them.

This could also be accomplished by building a short jumper from the same speaker cables you are currently using. More than likely a cheaper solution than Bi-Wires.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • dannylightning
    Options
    i have never heard a difference when i played with bi wire a while back.., some people say they can hear a difference.

it cant hurt to try it and see what you think
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• jolson72
    jolson72 Posts: 46
    Options
    thanks for all your responses. from what i have found online, bi wiring seems like a unworthy way to spend time. thanks for the help, again.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    If you have 2 sets you can try it?

My Vincent has to 2 sets of speaker output and they are always on. it doesnt have a A/B switch or anything and I once hooked up two sets of my DIY Furez cables for fun.

or if you had some 4 conductor cable like Canare or furez makes then you can make what some can biamp cable ( though this isnt really biamping cause it just using both outputs of my 1 stereo amplifier) with 2 sets of speaker connectors at both end. but i think you'd find it would not be worth the cost of all the banana plug's needed to try it.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD