Potential GTG in Indy...

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Jeebus Dan! You just planned fun right outta that one!
    OCD freak......
    I was expecting semi-nude slip-n-slide and firecrackers.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Jeebus Dan! You just planned fun right outta that one!
    OCD freak......
    I was expecting semi-nude slip-n-slide and firecrackers.

I never said we couldn't do that lol.. just note I will NOT be participating in the slip n slide lol...

And cmon you KNOW as a IT guy I'm gonna plan logistics lol. Especially since it's my rep on the line and I want it to go well :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Ok, just to be clear, we can wear shoes, smoke in the house, open all the doors and lick your dogs. Cant wait!
  • lightman1
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Ok, just to be clear, we can wear shoes, smoke in the house, open all the doors and lick your dogs. Cant wait!

Hot damn! Now we're cookin'!
  • deronb1
    Ill bring the 703s, 1nts and Woodbourne. I think you will be surprised at the output and quality of the Woodbourne. I know I was.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dan what about saving the bushes....

Ruuussssss....hint hint
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ruuussssss....hint hint

He already took em out last year so we've got more tolerant ones up front now.

Also I forgot to mention WE HAVE A CAT. IF YOUR ALLERGIC BRING YOUR MEDS. I will keep her in the master for the day more than likely but her dander will be around.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1

Ruuussssss....hint hint

Listen here, peckerwood! I saved the day by resetting a spiral plant stand in the front yard of his house. It kept falling over...now it won't.

Plus it's about 4' tall... I can stand behind it and the neighbours will be none the wiser.... B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Ruuussssss....hint hint

Listen here, peckerwood! I saved the day by resetting a spiral plant stand in the front yard of his house. It kept falling over...now it won't.

Plus it's about 4' tall... I can stand behind it and the neighbours will be none the wiser.... B)

Then fertilize away :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    You wouldn't mind moving this about 200 miles north west would you? I'd love to show up but the drive is a killer!

thanks for the invite though - keep me posted of others.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    ALL212 wrote: »
    You wouldn't mind moving this about 200 miles north west would you? I'd love to show up but the drive is a killer!

thanks for the invite though - keep me posted of others.

I figured its a bit far, though doable as I've done it a couple times myself :smile:
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    I'm about 50/50 on this, not out of desire to come, but because the holiday week means i don't get my normal half day on Friday, which means i'll be losing a day of work on the current side job.

Did you already send me your address?
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • EndersShadow
    I'm about 50/50 on this, not out of desire to come, but because the holiday week means i don't get my normal half day on Friday, which means i'll be losing a day of work on the current side job.

Did you already send me your address?

I just added you to a Group PM which has that listed in it. Let me know if you dont see it.

And PS we know your 50/50 because Russ is going to be there.... however thats a very nice way to NOT state it bluntly like I just did :wink:
  • EndersShadow
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's only about a 3 hour drive... or 30 minutes, a couple hundred dollar ticket, and 3 points on your license if you drive like Kerry.

Fixed that for ya :smile:

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sounds like another awesome get together, hope someone stops by and picks up Kerry. Aaron? Just Don't let him Drive.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I will show up in a Ferrari 360 wearing an Emotiva shirt and wait till JV goes to sleep then steal his wrist watch.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I wish it would have worked out for me, but, things here at work are crazy with several people out on medical and us already down a couple of electricians to start. Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon as there seems to be a decent amount of people within the 2-3 hour circle around Indy.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Yep it was a BLAST!!!
    Cool toys, sweet sounds and enough bass to shake your teeth.
    Even got a nod of approval on my 40+year old B&W's.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I hope you all wore rubbers.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I hope you all wore rubbers.

Dan wouldn't let us wear them in the house....
  • deronb1
    Great to meet everyone. Thanks for hosting Dan! Tganks fir the beer Russ!
  • lightman1
    Yessiree... another good time get together!
    Good to see Dave, Jeff and Dan again. Glad to finally meet my arch nemesis Ivan. And Deron brought some nice toys as well. We should do it again in the future.
    Daves barn find B&W speakers were a big suprise as well. Smooth as silk and easy on the ears.
    He wouldn't sell them to me, though.
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2017
    Glad i made the drive Dan put together a great time. Finally was able to meet some of the great folks Polk audio is known for. I must agree with everyone those 40 yr old B&W's were sweet. Dave send the model number to me and I'll see what i can dig what that plug was for.

And Russ what can i say brother.... you's the shite great to finally meet you.

That soundbar Deron brought was the biggest surprise for me. WOW
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2017
    Was a long day, that sure didnt feel like it. We started around 11:45 and shut it down around midnight.......

We had 2 systems running and we moved stuff between them all.

Dining room:

This was the much smaller compromised setup and consisted of the following:

Xbox 360 running PLEX -> monoprice Optical -> Cambridge Audio SR20 -> @helipilotdoug Douglas Connection Furez 10/2 with generic spades and bananas & Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 sub cable

We had some 22" Sanus Ultimate stands that I had previously filled with sand. We also had a Outlaw Audio LFM-1 sub on a isolation base which we had crossed around 120hz and at a gain of 6. We added or removed it as needed.

HT room:

Xbox One running PLEX -> Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI -> Denon X4100 -> Kimber Kable Hero RCA -> B&K 200.5 -> Kimber Kable 8VS internally biwired

We also had dual subs on demand that were connected as follows: Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 -> Custom MiniDSP 2x4 balanced unit -> Wireworld Eclipse 6 XLR -> 2 Bridged XLS2000 -> Furez 14/2 speaker wire -> 1 4 x 12" sub and 1 18" sub

We played around with the following items
    VINTAGE B&W @oldrocker
    B&W CMT @deronb1
    Polk Woodborne @deronb1
    Polk LSiM 703 @deronb
    Usher V601 @Endersshadow
    LSi 15 @Endersshadow

Deron @deronb1 showed up around 11:45 and we played around till Dave @oldrocker , and then Russ @lightman1 showed up.

We blew it up for a couple hours then Ivan @pitdogg2 and then Jeff @indyhawg and then Ivan showed and we went into crazy mode. Dave had to leave before either Jeff arrived unfortunately, but thankfully I believe got to listen to all the different speakers including the LSiM 703’s.

We listened to Dave’s B&W's that were SHOCKINGLY GOOD in my small room off the Cambridge SR20 pulled out WAAY father from the wall than I'd have liked (but we didn't have any choice). They didn’t really “need” a sub at all and sounded great just by themselves.

We threw Deron's B&W (somethings) on the same stands and while they sounded good, I liked Dave's old B&W's better. Once we added in my sub they were better for sure and the sub blended in about as easy as any I've ever had to integrate.

We also played around with the Polk Woodborne and I was SHOCKED at how wide a soundstage it put out considering its size. We put it in my HT on top the LSiC and ran PLEX off my phone to it via blutooth and it sounded GREAT. Extension was SURPRISINGLY low given its small size and driver compliment. It had a 3.5mm input, Ethernet, Wireless, blutooth and optical. It also decodes Dobly so we played a movie through it and for a small bedroom IMHO it’s a MUCH prettier option than a soundbar. Its ONLY downfall is the lack of a sub out, but for many folks who want just a soundbar, I’d suggest this OVER that all day long. Oh and its beautiful.

I think Dave is gonna end up buying one for his pool setup if he can sneak it past his wife :smile:.

The Ushers sounded GREAT in my main room, but couldn’t take as much wattage as the other speakers but man I just LOVE their top end and mids and the gave those out in spades. Some of the more haunting of my music (euro rock bands such as Nightwish, Within Temptation and some others) just gave me goosebumps and reminded me why I love them so much.

The B&W’s Deron brought were FAST speakers handling Dragonforce’s Through the Fire and the Flames like a champ keeping up with the bass easily, and the Outlaw LFM-1 was just as good. The larger subs struggled to provide as much separation between notes for that same song, but its likely due to the large amount of driver that has to be moved so it’s a bit slower to respond.

The LSiM 703’s were also MUCH better than I’d remembered. I’m curious now to try and get a set of 705’s in my room to compare to my LSi 15’s, but I keep thinking about going a totally different direction in my HT…..

For me one of the nice things was using a APP to have liquor DELIVERED TO US. No need to drive, we picked what we wanted, paid and BAM it arrived, and it was even fairly cold. Deron also brought some local stuff for us to try and I think Russ was a fan. I stuck to my normal Angry Orchard stuff.

We also ordered pizza from a local joint called Panooney’s and I think it was a hit with folks, or at least no one complained at about it lol.

It was a blast listening to some speakers I would not normally get to listen to, and at the end I was left with a different opinion on the LSiM 703’s than I had before (though they still wont work in my HT unless I get the larger ones), and a HUGE respect for the Woodborne.

All in all despite my best efforts, I failed to either blow any eardrums, or wake my youngest up after she went down around 8:00. Although I gotta admit I think I did a good job sending off Ivan with "Weapons of Mass Distortion" by Crystal Method at about 80 on the volume (the loudest I've ever gone). We were shaking most of the stuff around the house, and then I threw on the Japanese drums of movie "The Great Wall" with Matt Damon
  • EndersShadow
    Pics in no particular order
  • pitdogg2
    That pizza was the bomb Dan very good stuff.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I think Angelo ( newrival) raved about that woodborne also last year when they had them on Amazon I thin for 250$. What model was the 40 year old b&w?

Looks like I missed a good time! Sorry guys I took a last minute gig and couldn't pass up the cash.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • lightman1
    There were no chickens present....to my dimay :/
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited June 2017
    There were no chickens present....to my dimay :/

63065065.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk