I've got NAD(s).......

Options
shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited November 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Well a few weeks ago I had to give back the Cambridge Audio C500 pre-amp a friend loaned me. Nothing to use as a pre for my NAD C270 amp except for a Denon DRA-685 stereo receiver (which in my mind is a bit of a waste since the Denon is a pretty good receiver). I found a NAD C160 pre-amp on Audiogon at a very reasonable price. Now I have 2 NADs. Here are the specs:

6 line level inputs
2 line level preamp outputs; one is variable from 0dB to
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Nice preamp, I like the simple lines of the NAD equipment. Form follows function--very cool. Curious to hear your review....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Hmm...

The ghost of the Carolina Polk Fest!!

BUAHHAHAHA
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Congrats Shack! I'm using the same pre amp. That thing goes extremely well with the C270. You should buy a cable so you can use the auto-on feature with the C270. The mids is very smooth and bass is very powerful, probably because of the Class A design. For a while I wasn't impressed with its highs but found the problem. It was my Monster interconnects. After switching to Audioquest 'Diamondback', I was very happy. What you pretty much get with your pre/amp combo is the "British sound". Enjoy.

Maurice
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Nice Shack,

You need to bring it to Ga.:cool: we can compare to the NAD 1130, the little pre that could!!!