Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    You could do one refurbished and one new.....but my OCD won't allow it
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    yeah, mine wouldn't allow you to do it either B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    To quote Dr. Evil... "Scotty DON'T" click my ENABLE button!

Quit making me rethink this...! Only 2 left at the refurb price... Grrr.

:s
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Not rubbing it in, but my 703s should be here Monday. :smile:
    Sorry you didn't get in on the buy.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Legender wrote: »
    Not rubbing it in, but my 703s should be here Monday. :smile:
    Sorry you didn't get in on the buy.

Ha! I get mine tomorrow! ;)
  • msg
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    To quote Dr. Evil... "Scotty DON'T" click my ENABLE button!
    Quit making me rethink this...! Only 2 left at the refurb price... Grrr. :s
    Al, you know this opportunity will never happen again in your lifetime. It's the Hale Bopp Comet of Audio. Coincidentally, there is a house full of people in matching tracksuits who've decided to pass on Polk's LSiM Refurb offer, and they're all getting ready to have a sip of juice and take a nap together. It's 706, or be an ugly tracksuit wearer.

Don't be an ugly tracksuit wearer, Al.
    Get a 706.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Jes keeding, Al :)

Paul might be right, the 704 might be a better match for your LSi7's, and you might not even notice much moving to the 706. I just always heard go big on the center if you can.

I think I also missed that you're running LSi7's up front. I was reading early this AM and think I thought you were running floorstanding LSIs for some reason. If you get a 706, you'll most definitely also need 703s or 705s >:)

I'm unclicking your Enable button now. You're off the hook.
    I disabled signatures.
  • theclipper
    theclipper Posts: 3
    Options
    Does anyone know how often Polk has these 50% off sales? I really want to upgrade my TSI 500's to the LSIM 707's, but I'm moving right now and most of my cash is tied up.

Thanks!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    theclipper wrote: »
    Does anyone know how often Polk has these 50% off sales? I really want to upgrade my TSI 500's to the LSIM 707's, but I'm moving right now and most of my cash is tied up.

Thanks!

Semi Annual
    https://www.polkaudio.com/collections/home-audio/lsim-series
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I'm unclicking your Enable button now. You're off the hook.

Howz come there's no "WHEW" emoji?

Thanks for letting me off the hook Scott!
  • deronb1
    Options
    703s are here, but can't mess around with em yet. Too much crap to do! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!
  • msg
    Options
    hehe, I know, we need more emojis
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    703s are here, but can't mess around with em yet. Too much crap to do! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Awwww yeah
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • msg
    Options
    Joey, you get any LSiM's yet? I thought you were thinking on some 703s last year?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    that's no excuse.
    well, it is. but whatever it is can wait.
    hook 'em uuuuuuuuup!
    I disabled signatures.
  • deronb1
    Options
    They're beautiful man!....sniff
  • msg
    Options
    Fantastic! I do love the look of 703s on stands.
    See? Now you can get to work breakin' 'em in while you do all that unnecessarily distracting whatever it was you were talking about.

Diggin' that orange wall, man. Those Mount Vernon Cherry 703s really work in your space! They just looked like big orange eyesores in mine. I always thought the MVC would go great in a dimly lit listening space with a brown wall and down angled accent lighting on MVC speakers. These tones just set the stage for warmth, imho :)

Congrats, man, looking forward to a your listening impressions after you get settled with 'em.
    Works!
    3m7aoluejrzg.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • deronb1
    Options
    See? Now you can get to work breakin' 'em in while you do all that unnecessarily distracting whatever it was you were talking about.

Diggin' that orange wall, man. Those Mount Vernon Cherry 703s really work in your space! They just looked like big orange eyesores in mine. I always thought the MVC would go great in a dimly lit listening space with a brown wall and down angled accent lighting on MVC speakers. These tones just set the stage for warmth, imho :)

Congrats, man, looking forward to a your listening impressions after you get settled with 'em.
    Works!
    3m7aoluejrzg.jpg

Thanks man! Huge Bengals fan, so couldn't go wrong with either color. I had a pair Dali Mentor 2 in cherry that were beautuful. These are just as nice. Will report back in a week and give my impressions, fwiw.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Joey, you get any LSiM's yet? I thought you were thinking on some 703s last year?

I have no excuse

I need to man
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • deronb1
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

Works!
    3m7aoluejrzg.jpg

Thanks man! Huge Bengals fan, so couldn't go wrong with either color. I had a pair Dali Mentor 2 in cherry that were beautuful. These are just as nice. Will report back in a week and give my impressions, fwiw.

Bengals fan? Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :)

Yeah, its been tough, but aside from last year, at least they've been sonewhat relevant. There was a brutal stretch of about 15 years...lol
  • msg
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I have no excuse
    I need to man
    They're fun little speakers, man. Given your experience with other speakers, I'd be curious to hear what you think of a pair on some decent stands.
    I disabled signatures.
  • deronb1
    Options
    Browns fan?...lol
  • deronb1
    Options
    Browns fan?...lol

Da Raiders. :)

Ah. Definitely on the upswing! Sorry about the Bo Jackson thing...
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I have no excuse
    I need to man
    They're fun little speakers, man. Given your experience with other speakers, I'd be curious to hear what you think of a pair on some decent stands.

I'm sure I'd like them. I just don't know where to put them
  • deronb1
    Options
    Ouch! It still hurts to watch that play nd wonder what could have been.
    Ouch! It still hurts to watch that play nd wonder what could have been.

Indeedy. I cant watch the Carson Palmer / Kimo Von Olhoffen fiasco.
  • deronb1
    Options
    703s still conditioning, but have passed the "Norah Jones" test. We have chichen skin!
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 478
    Options
    Waiting on 707' should I just loop pink noise for 40hrs and call that an effective break in?
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte | Roku TV
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | Fire TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    mpitogo wrote: »
    Waiting on 707' should I just loop pink noise for 40hrs and call that an effective break in?

Go with talk radio. Whichever persuasion will do enough screaming to give them a great workout. More importantly it will deter burglars.
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited May 2017
    Options
    zss7i0ppvtwn.jpg
    705 are here :)

These are heavy, two person job for unpacking & setup
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano