Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Not partial to Blondes. I am actually prefer belgium and amber styles

Picked the DE blonde because it was there: It was ok. The have a good stout and Porter that's not bad either
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited May 2017
    Options
    f06epxmdcbpt.jpg

Could not listen to the new Willie without a little HEMPEN ALE Brewed & Filtered with Hemp Seeds The Green. Here's to Ya Willie
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    :)
    bgunmk750jkb.jpg

I guess its true what I've heard that you can drive in Texas with an open one, and a shotgun rack with a shotgun on the rear window!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Just bumping this now so after i've had a few later, i can find it easier.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Im fixing to brew up a scottish ale tonight with some friends. Still have a 6 pack of Mike Hess 8 West (formerly Juncundus) and some of my own Imperial Blonde named Chongo Blanco.

Happy Drinking!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrbiron
    Options
    I didn't pour enough Harp...oh well.

y9jsxgzslffj.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I had a Guinness Blonde ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

It was probably better than my Dallas Blonde :/ , it was one and done, kicked 5 ugly sisters to the curb
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    An ice cold Corona on scortching summer day is a perfect match. No worries. B)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Or on the beach in Puerto Valarta in a little over a week...
  • lightman1
    Options
    Nice Ken! Bring me back a Tshirt...
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    My favorites are the Dutch brews. Grolsch, Amstel, Heineken, etc.

I usually have a 1/2 keg of Heineken on tap at all times. Just got a fresh one last weekend. It's my favorite. Can't beat it for $125.

Nothing like coming inside all sweaty after mowing the lawn on a hot summer day to a frosty Heiny! Ahhh!

fy314i.jpg
  • lightman1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Russ man, they taste even better when they are free! I mean seriously quality beer is always nice...even better when it doesn't cost ya!

I won't argue against that logic. Two thumbs up!
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Sami wrote: »

Yeah I used Safale 05 so I shouldn't have an issue with a little bit of yeast activator in that Citra Wheat. I'm honestly going to go pick up the ingredients for that brew today XD!

Did you end up making this brew?

Not yet @Sami it got too hot to get anymore brews going. We are already at high 90s low 100s and cooling the house to be comfortable and doing it to ferment are two different things ha! I plan on it being my first brew in August.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Im fixing to brew up a scottish ale tonight with some friends. Still have a 6 pack of Mike Hess 8 West (formerly Juncundus) and some of my own Imperial Blonde named Chongo Blanco.

Happy Drinking!

Only reason for the Scottish is the recipe was left over and my malt extract goes bad before I can brew again. :s

• codycatalist
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

It was probably better than my Dallas Blonde :/ , it was one and done, kicked 5 ugly sisters to the curb

Bad enough to kick the sisters! Wow that must have been bad.

I attended the American canned beer festival over the weekend. Near endless 4oz samplers from over 60 brewers, it was a great time and got to try all sorts of amazing brews. I would list my favorites but they are all local with no distro out of the state.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    have you tried Brewing in a old fridge Cody? Williams brewing has some devices to help refrigerators hold a steady temp.

I just never had room to do this so I stuck with ALE's and never made a Lager!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • codycatalist
    Options
    have you tried Brewing in a old fridge Cody? Williams brewing has some devices to help refrigerators hold a steady temp.

Yeah I've been aware of the option but much like you the issue is room.

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options

STC-1000 works just as good (IMO better) and is about $10. Of course something like ESP-8266 with a db18s20 and a relay would be even cheaper AND programmable over WiFi. You could even set it automatically to adjust temperature if you're doing lagering. :)

lfsmec17izrz.jpg
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Nice Ken! Bring me back a Tshirt...

Give me a size and mailing address. I've got one in mind I saw last year.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    e9lfjh95n8h9.jpg

A decent local Kolsch from Four Peaks Brewery. The company actually got bought out by Anheuser busch for 4 billion smackers. That's a lot for a local brewery/resturant that started in 1997.

• andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    Jesus, $4 billion? Either way, big fan of kolsch. Will keep my eye out.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    c7y3j6gdwaq8.jpg

ELYSIAN Space Dust IPA 8.2 ABV

Anything that contains Space Dust Has to be good for YA right >:) A Smooth tasting IPA no bite goes down smooth.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mrbiron
    Options
    That's funny....I'm drinking space beer myself! No glass because I'm feeling Bad as Hell!

0rpz7u28a5s8.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    cef78w67pqxa.jpg

A Tout LE Monde (Megadeth) Belgian Style Saison Ale

Apparently Dave Mustaine has a brew master buddy up in Canada and lo and behold the first Megadeth brew figure I would switch brews as to many of the Space Dust Brews Would lead to me not being able to stay up late listening to tunes :#
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mrbiron
    Options
    Reminds me of LA Fin Du monde
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    4hify92jrh8b.jpg

Lazy Mutt-Farmhouse Ale
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    Did everyone stop imbibing?

c2vdt3tsmeh9.jpg
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Too drunk to post....;)