Quiz time!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Hello Forum members,
We haven't had a contest in quite a while, so here goes. The prizes are genuine classic Polk Audio, SDA/Monitor "In Field Manuals". This is a must for every SDA/Monitor enthusiast, filled with assembly drawings, crossover schematics and "what goes where" listings. I'll also get them autographed by Al Ballard, Paul DiComo, Matthew Polk and Helen Yarbor. I have ten of them and they go to the first people to successfully answer my quiz.
1). name the Akira Kurosawa movie which was the first movie to have Toshiro Mifune appear and also name the last movie he was to appear.
2). Earnest Borgnine appeared in many movies, even winning an Academy Award, I am looking for three specific movie titles. These would be the movies he appeared with William Holden, Gene Hackman and Kurt Russell.
3). name the actor who played the character "Cloudy" in "The French Connection"
4). in the movie "The Caine Mutiny" what was the fruit that did the Humphrey Bogart character in?
5). in the movie "Fahrenheit 451" what does the "451" refer to?
Have fun, Ken
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    In other words, dont post the answers here fellas, email Ken.

Ken, you have mail.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Yes, that's the fair thing email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com. Thanks for bringing that up.
    Ken
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Ken, can we have other quizes for all the stuff hanging out in the warehouse? :) I'm sure people would answer just about anything for those demo SRTs we have!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Pretty tricky spelling Borgnine's first name incorrectly!

Ken, you've got mail.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Hey Ken once done will you post the answers ? I'm intersted to see the answer to 451...I think I know..
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Mail sent!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Me, too... probably 12 hours too late...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2004
    Options
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Just received my signed copy of the SDA
    "In field technical manual"
    Cool stuff!:)

-Luc
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Ditto-a-mundo.... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2004
    Options
    FAAAAAK, I MISSED this completely!! :mad:

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Willow
    Hey Ken once done will you post the answers ? I'm intersted to see the answer to 451...I think I know..
    Temperature at which paper combusts... Book was all about future society where books were banned and burned if found.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Got mine too. FWIW, the prize is the warranty manual for Polk dealers from 1989 and covers schematics, wiring diagrams, and warranty replacement part information for Polk speakers up to and including the SRS TL series.

Thanks to Ken for getting it signed as well, especially including Helen's signature who was Warranty Manager for Polk in 1989.