And... We're Off! Dual 18" Sealed Sub Build

13»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....

Dan's buying :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....

Dan's buying :o

Neva lol... I'm spending other people's money because I got none of my own lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    scubalab wrote: »
    And, left sub installed. Just need to make the grills, calibrate and sit back and enjoy a couple flicks this evening.

Dan, thanks man! Yes, probably Cars tonight. The racing scenes at the very beginning are fantastic!

So................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Caligula probably sounds "the balls" with that setup!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Didn't get quite all I wanted to get done on Sunday. Got both grill frames built, and fabric on one. Being so close to the wall, the left install is going to be a little tricky mounting the grill so I'm going to have to do some creative things to get it to work. Still need to calibrate, but for Dan, here's a pic of the right sub with the grill. I plan to put a (removable) piece of trim along the bottom with a short piece of painted drywall extending slightly up and behind the bottom of the grill, hence opening that's in the pic.

cyods70nukgv.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2017
    scubalab wrote: »
    ...but for Dan....

:p

After calibration I expect a report from each family member documenting the changes in the system and have it be accompanied by reveal photos taken upon first firing up the system and hearing said changes

:p:wink:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ok it's been 6 weeks... Have you been able to attain the brown note with them yet?
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ^^^

Something I don't think I want to 'attain', LOL

In all seriousness, we did get everything recalibrated, and have been enjoying the sound very much. It's definitely much more accurate and balanced with the three subs. It's not in-your-face (unless we want it to be) so much... it's more that we 'feel' the bass now, and it's fantastic.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    machone wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

A note produced by a very flabby instrument. Tends to leave a scent as well...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

Google it. :smile:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited May 2017
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

commonly called a skidmark

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.