Today is a great day

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Can I join the Polk Forum 2-Channel Club now? I thought I had a decent system until today.

Got my Musical Fidelity A3CR preamp this afternoon. A stunningly gorgeous unit. It's hanging out with a Cambridge Audio 640C CD player and an ODL (Odyssey) Stratos amp. Got some Audioquest Mammoth speaker cables, Audioquest Coral and Kimber Hero interconnects, and three DIY power cables.

Kicked back and popped in some Lizz Wright, Dianne Reeves and Joe Sample, and a little bit of heaven emanated from my Lsi7's. It was jaw-dropping awesome. It was so good that it made my wife cry because she could feel Lizz's lyrics on the track, "Blue Rose."

I'll talk to you guys later. I'm going to spend the rest of the evening listening to my music.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    It's nice when it all comes together.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    Options
    It's great to hear that; enjoy the rest of the evening!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited October 2004
    Options
    You're in bro, congrats on reaching a new level.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I knew you'd love the A3CR. She's smooooth. ;)
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2004
    Options
    See we're not crazy after all.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Sweetness, EB... happy for you attaining the next level... Don't forget to come up for air every once in a while...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    See we're not crazy after all.
    Yes we are....It's just in a GOOD way!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson