Polk I-Sonic DSA iPhone Docking Station / Radio / Clock

Options
Brand new in the box.
Bought as a gift that was not wanted.
My loss is your gain.
$100 shipped to continental USA. Payment by Paypal.
Please PM me if interested.
Thank!

Here's Polk's description:
There's a simple way to get room-filling sound from your iPhone or iPod. It's the Polk I-Sonic Digital Audio System (DAS). The I-Sonic DAS is a self-contained system that fits easily on a kitchen table or nightstand. In addition to a built-in dock for your iPhone or iPod, the I-Sonic also has an AM/FM radio tuner, and a digital alarm.
Compatible with docking iPods and iPhones with 30-pin connectors
Compatible with iPhone 5 and 7th Generation iPod touch with Lightning connector adapter (available separately - $5 Ebay)
Stereo AM/FM tuner with 30 presets
Digital clock with alarm
Large LED display
Built-in 4-speaker array with PowerPort for strong bass
Auxiliary stereo minijack input for connecting portable devices
Minijack headphone output
Remote control
AM and FM external antennas
14-1/4"W x 4-15/16"H x 9-9/16"D
Weight: 4.2 lbs.

6kela5751lvl.jpg

bt6chwl6uq89.jpg

Comments

• Gempler
    Gempler Posts: 307
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have written good old fashion paper letters to Polk management about it before and though given a polite response and them clearly having made some changes as a result the place remains by and large the same. Why Polk sponsors this forum that actually damages their image because of these few unpleasant people makes no sense. A smart company would not pay for something that actually damages their reputation so clearly somebody is sleeping at the helm.
    Post edited by Gempler on
  • Gempler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's exactly what I am talking about. Intolerant behavior and sense of entitlement expressed by the same few people, paramount to internet bulling, and making everyone feel unwelcome from this Polk sponsored forum. And to what end? So they can feel great about ruining the reputation of a successful company and discourage participation in the forum. It makes no sense. It is sadly all about ego coupled with a lack of resources for proper supervision.
  • Gempler
    Options
    That is understandable as several posts were deleted because, to put it politely, they were apparently perceived as being unhelpful and unnecessary. Thought yours was more of the same hence my reaction.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Dude, not sure what the history is here, but you have 282 posts in 12 years. Obviously, you are not that involved/interested/committed to this forum. If you don't like the way things are run, there are LOTS of other audio forums and places to sell audio gear. I might politely suggest looking into one of those options.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Gempler
    Options
    my complaint is not about the way this place or run, it is about how it is overrun by a handful of regulars that think they own this place, don't follow the rules, state policies they have invented as if they were rules when in fact they are not, and are generally so unpleasant to anyone that is not part of their small little group that they discourage participation in the forum and I turn it's growth, and generally turn something that is supposed to promote the image of Polk into a black eye, I wish this was just my perception of things but when this issue comes up and I post about it I receive private messages from people agreeing with this sentiment which is truely sad as it discourages people from posting to this forum and people learning from each other. In fact, though I am not sure if it was your intention, your comment is another example of essentially telling someone that you state you do not even know to go away. You say that you feel in I have not posted enough for you to consider me to be of any importance which is just loopy. Not sure what your motivation was to be pointlessly mean but I suspect I know where you have learned that sort of bad behavior.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    @lightman1 hahaha. @Gempler I wish I could follow you on this one, but overall I think things are great. And I have minimal posts.. but some of the members have supported me through a bit here and I am thankful for what I have. Some do get a bit over the top, but most of the time other members bring things back to the calm. It's a great place. As they tell every new person that tries to sell, 'stick around, post some stuff, participate.'
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    I picked one of those up at a garage sale to use in my guest room....nice sounding little units, look good too.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Never mind......
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    Yeah, this place is such a hard place ... it's the internet, a forum, relax dude life is not that hard around here...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Gempler wrote: »
    my complaint is not about the way this place or run, it is about how it is overrun by a handful of regulars that think they own this place, don't follow the rules, state policies they have invented as if they were rules when in fact they are not, and are generally so unpleasant to anyone that is not part of their small little group that they discourage participation in the forum and I turn it's growth, and generally turn something that is supposed to promote the image of Polk into a black eye, I wish this was just my perception of things but when this issue comes up and I post about it I receive private messages from people agreeing with this sentiment which is truely sad as it discourages people from posting to this forum and people learning from each other. In fact, though I am not sure if it was your intention, your comment is another example of essentially telling someone that you state you do not even know to go away. You say that you feel in I have not posted enough for you to consider me to be of any importance which is just loopy. Not sure what your motivation was to be pointlessly mean but I suspect I know where you have learned that sort of bad behavior.

The only bad behavior here comes from you, an individual coming into an environment you don't pretend to understand trying to tell those of us that come here, follow the rules, and go above and beyond trying to help members new and old, trying to tell us we are wrong, rude and mean spirited. When I first joined, I rolled in with the same attitude you have and I was promptly greeted with a similar response from the group.

Rather than whine, moan and cry, I hung out a bit more and got my learn on. I helped where I could, and as people got to know me, I began to get along. You would do well to check your ego at the door before you go keyboard commando and try and offer contributions over confrontation.

As I said in a previously deleted post, you probably are a pretty decent guy in person, but your keyboard persona needs a bit of help. Hopefully you will take that advice and hang out and get to know us a bit before casting aspersions.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Offered Rainbows & Unicorns, this thread still scared a bunny rabbit half to death!

What, behind the rabbit? Look at the bones.....
  • Gempler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nooshinjohn you did it again with another unfounded and unwelcoming message designed to discourage all but your small group of unpleasant regulars from participating in this forum. You are abundantly clear about your feelings of entitelment superiority. I get that you feel you are better than other members, but it looks like you missed the posts of your cohort that were removed where he touted his opinions as rules when in fact they are not rules. Pretty weak when people try to defend the indefensible.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We have a feature here called an ignore list. Welcome to mine. Hopefully people will not quote you so I won't have to see whatever you have to say. There are lots of contributing members that join here and never have a problem. They join, follow the rules, get to know others and offer help here and there when they can. Sadly you are not going to ever be one of those people... Have fun Gump.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Gempler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks. I take it as a compliment to be on the ignore of the likes of you.
    But a gentleman would simply put someone on ignore and not feel the need to announce it. Doing so is another example of your hostile attitude towards people that are not in your small circle of friends.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Gentlemen,
    Let's everyone stop the back and forth jabbing and take a slow breath. If you feel the need to make a specific point with someone do it off-line with a PM. But keep it civil and respect the other person's point of view.
    Thank you!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options