Have I attained audio nervana?

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I've noticed for the last 6 weeks or so I've had no urge to fiddle with, buy for, change out, or upgrade anything. I'm just enjoying the music again.

I still will get my Lsi15's one day and make myself legitimate around here. I also eagerly await some reviews on the Polk XM tuner...
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2004
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Your wife and wallet will love you for a while, anyway;)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2004
    I thought perhaps you were going to say you bought a Bose 321! :D
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited October 2004
    Sounds like laziness to me. :p

Just kidding, enjoy. :)
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by steveinaz
    I've noticed for the last 6 weeks or so I've had no urge to fiddle with, buy for, change out, or upgrade anything. I'm just enjoying the music again.

I still will get my Lsi15's one day and make myself legitimate around here. I also eagerly await some reviews on the Polk XM tuner...

You know, I feel the same way about my system. However, I do still feel there are some weak points...

But I am really pointing all fingers to the CDP, since it is by far the weakest component in my 2-Channel rig...

Congrats on finding YOUR system, it always feels good to find that, especially after the countless hours of upgrading, etc
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Shut up Sid, you were about to sell your B&K last week.

Putz.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited October 2004
    :p

So what? Can't we all have a lil bit of fun??
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2004
    I've was content for months then got a headphone bug.....then some crazy **** Polkie blew up my pre-amp @ Polkfest....so I'm buying crap again.....don't think your safe Steve!

The upgrade bug lives in your pants.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    then some crazy Polkie blew up my pre-amp @ Polkfest....so I'm buying crap again

really?!?! how in the world could you do that?! don'r reckon I'd be real happy with that....

Congratulations, Steve; hope it lasts long enough for you to enjoy it/save up a lot of money. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Too many hands (Polkies) behind the gear, switching stuff around.

It's not hard to short an input or output stage, especially on a tube preamp, by disconnecting cables BEFORE the preamp is shut COMPLETELY off (ie caps drained after power down).

I was too drunk to be the wrangler for all the tards in attendance, sorry Mark.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2004
    I was pretty fired up too... I didn't do it did I? I have some fuzzy memory lapses.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2004
    I've been pretty content with my audio side of the house for awhile. I'm still contemplating a sub, but it's not anything I feel compelled to go out and buy. My focus has started moving to the video side of the HT.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    It is a shorted output stage, **** happens, it's the risk you take bringin gear to a function sometimes....at least it can be fixed.

Polkies: Do yourself a favor and turn your power off before you switch IC's or gear around. That should be common knowledge.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • steveinaz
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Shut up Sid, you were about to sell your B&K last week.

Putz.

LMAO!!!!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai

Polkies: Do yourself a favor and turn your power off before you switch IC's or gear around. That should be common knowledge.

do you have a MOP beeeatch:eek:

evil twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2004
    Don't give up now Steve. Just take a break from it.

I'm not there yet but I'm close enough to not worry anymore. Maybe some new tubes or a spin clean for X-mas but that's about it.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    do you have a MOP beeeatch:eek:

evil twin

I presume No, since it was as foreign to some folks as Ramen noodles.
  • steveinaz
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by gidrah
    Don't give up now Steve. Just take a break from it.

I'm not there yet but I'm close enough to not worry anymore. Maybe some new tubes or a spin clean for X-mas but that's about it.

Oh, the quest is not over. It's nice to not nit-pick my system and just listen...

A speaker upgrade is definitely in the future and I've got quite a few in mind.