Has anyone rebuilt sda srs 2.3 NON tl crossovers,using dayton components ?

Options
Looking to rebuild the crossovers.I know about sonicaps,but was wondering how Dayton was.I'm working on a tight budget.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Better than the old caps not as good as Sonicaps. Perhaps a little bright in the HF circuit. Consider Sonicaps for the HF circuit and Dayton for the LF circuit.

Is what I've read.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    Options
    I have,just can't afford it right now.I don't mind bright.Thanks Nightfall.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are you disappointed in how they sound right now? If no, save. No sense in breaking the bank for some capacitors.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • bassfann
    Options
    They're bone stock.They have been used for their whole existence. I'm sure abused,since I jumped out the polyswitches,and 1 tweeter was replaced (rdo194),all other drivers are original.
  • bassfann
    Options
    bassfann wrote: »
    They're bone stock.They have been used for their whole existence. I'm sure abused,since I jumped out the polyswitches,and 1 tweeter was replaced (rdo194),all other drivers are original.

Polyswitches cut out with low power.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    Clarity cap is more budget friendly for the HF circuit. Dayton's are still better than old stock caps. Replacing the resistors with Mills wire wound is also a must.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Options
    I rebuilt my SDA SRS with Dayton 1% on the highs and 5% on the lows, huge improvement over stock. If I had it all to do over again I would probably go ClarityCap ESA 250 on the highs ClarityCap PX 250 on the lows and Mundorf MOX or Mills resistors. Either will give you better sound than stock. And replace the rest of those tweeters to 194's. Also if the tweeters are a bit bright add a 0.3-0.5 ohm resistor in place of those problematic polyswitches.
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Options
    They were the non 2.3 versions same as yours.