POLK CS10 CENTER EQ AND SETUP

Options
Just looking to see what some of the more common EQ settings people have for the Polk CS10 center channel. I have been experimenting for a while and not sure if its my ears or what I just had a tube put in one but still curious. I am running a pioneer SC1223K Receiver, the Polk center obviously and the matching floor-standing and bookshelf units for a 7.2 surround (2 surround back and 2 subs) with 2 Dayton audio (10in) and (12in) subs.

Are most people running this on the Large setting 60-20k hz or the small 80-20k hz. ?

What eq band levels do you have it set at? I find if the 60-500hz levels are anywhere near flat or 0 setting the sound is muffled. ( its a good foot away from the wall so there is no port problem. The rest of the eq is set anywhere above the 500k from 2-5 db increments with a nice arc.

Attached a photos here. 3m44s71mics7.jpg

Comments

• codycatalist
    Options
    Welcome to the Forum! I set mine at small and cross over at 100 hz personally. EQ is really based off of your ears so it will be hard for anyone to give you advice on that. this should show you a representation of what each frequency range pertains to which instrument. http://bit.ly/2hUy5Tc
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • usertron
    Options