Just Discovering Lossless Digital

13»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I am working on stepping up my digital. Right now im not sure if im going with an Aires ( not mini) or aurender. There's a 1k difference between them and one has wireless built in. I guess I'm kind of waiting for some of the prices to drop down.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • I only have 2TB of FLACs. Need more........
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    2tb of flac is quite a bit
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I can't even listen to 450GB of music in this lifetime.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    BlueFox wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

LOL, I don't even think there is 450gb of music WORTH listening to.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    daddyjt wrote: »
    All of the tech aside, can I just say that the thing I love about the FLAC format, is that I have access to my entire music collection without moving my a** off the couch to change discs.

Priceless.

....and that's the allure isn't it ? I remember having a whole wall lined up with CD's, changing a cd after the 2 or 3 songs you like on it. You could never just sit and relax.

Digital has given us the opportunity to create play lists, keep our butts on the couch with our favorite beverage and simply chill. No more up and down changing CD's, or waiting for 4 bad songs to play before hitting the one you like.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Rereading through this thread was and is a hoot, I see those that want more music and those that want less. I'm done advertising just how much music I now have at my fingertips, but trust I have tons baby. The more I add, the more I love. My mind has opened up to a level I never thought possible, and for the term "bad song"?? Really?? Write a better one if you can! I hear no bad songs, but I take each piece I listen to and get into the moment and have learned to appreciate EVERYTHING!!! I know right?? Well, it's true and thanks to a few people on this forum, one in particular, my hobby/ passion with music is at the heights I never thought possible. Once you find when ripping that certain setting within the choices of whatever program you use to be the best for the gear you happen to be happy with, hopefully most of your files are already ripped in that said format so all of your listening will be enjoyable. And once you get over yourself (wasn't an easy one for me) you too may start enjoying a ton of new music by artists you've never heard of but have been doing this long before you entered the world, along with so many new artists that are just amazing writers. The ball keeps rolling, so roll with it or get rolled over! Top is a rolling!!!!!!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Preach it on high, Brother Johnny!
  • tonyb
    LOL...matter of preferences Johnny is all. I still like to discover new music, but I won't listen to junk to appreciate one sentence of lyrics. Life is too short to waste time on anything you don't like. I'd much rather spend the time I have basking in the things I do, than the things I don't. That's just me though. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Right Tony. there is just so much, I mean "mind blowing amounts" of tunage, I promise you that you ain't hip to yet, and even more that you would love. I know I won't last to hear my collection but darn well trying and loving so much more and many more styles than I ever thought possible. Probably the drummer in me??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    msg wrote: »
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Music, Scott........music. Part of the reason most of us are here. Check in and tighten up rookie.
  • Amen Russ, Amen!!