musichall's mmf cd-25

Options
juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
in the process of researching a new cd transport, came across this, and instatnly it's high on my wants list:

MHMMF25_000.jpg

HDCD decoding
Superb build quality from chassis to electronics
Burr Brown 1732 24 bit, 96 kHz DAC
Premium Philips CDM-12.10 transport
CD7 servo system
Sophisticated power supply
OP 2134 op amp
Blue front-panel LED indicates HDCD decoding
Optical digital output
Coaxial digital output
RCA-type analog outputs
Detachable IEC power cord

MSRP $600

looks like a pretty solid component, any one have any experience w/ this player?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Nope, but it's pretty sexy! I don't know what your price range is, but the Rega Planet and Musical Fidelity A3 CD players are highly regarded (and sexy) players for $1000. On the lower end, the Cambridge Audio D500-SE CD Player is supposed to be pretty nice, and Audio Advisor sells this for only $429.

Rega Planet
    Musical Fidelity A3
    Cambridge Audio D500-SE

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    Options
    thanks aaron, that's exactly what i was hoping for, some good competition. $1,000 is a little more than i want to spend on a cd transport at this point. this will be my first component in the slow road to an entry level 2-channel set-up. first the cd player, then an integrated amp (the musical fidelity combo looks pretty nice!), and then speaker's dedicated to 2-channel reproduction only...

thanks for the links, i'm gonna do some more digging on those sites now...
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I'd definitely check out the Cambridge, then. It is one of only two players that Stereophile gave a Class C rating (the other being a $700 Rotel).

Aaron