Is this forum the only way to get help?

Options
I have a dead soundbar that I got back in April. I can not get through to customer service; it's been a steady busy signal for the last hour.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Polk's CS department is at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1. I just wanted to make sure you had the correct number.
    Regards, Ken
  • nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
    yep. it looks like the whole department is on vacation. I've issue with my order. I've been calling, emailing, and posting it here. No response from them and phone line is dead.

Compare to SVS and other ID brands, this is a major disappointment.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Yea I have to agree. Website is a mess, and it's difficult to reach CS. Not good for a large company trying to keep competitive in this market especially when smaller ones seem to keep up much better...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Polk's CS department are experiencing some telephone technical difficulties, but the IT guys are working on it. Be patient and things will be back to normal.
  • waiting
    Options
    On Dec. 8 I tried for an hour to get through on the phone. I ended up sending an e-mail and got a quick reply assigning me a case number. But now it's been almost a week and still no response from a CS rep. Do they really have a CS department?
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm with you on this issue. I have owned Polk products for a long time. I have contacted them on several occasions over the years and their cs was second to no one.

However, my psw505 inevitably gave up the ghost over the weekend. So this morning I tried to call them for a replacement amp, being that it's still under warranty and was on hold for a long while with no answer. When prompted to leave a name and call back number, I followed the instructions and successfully submitted the info. Low and behold no-one ever called.

It's frustrating, I love the brand but this needs fixed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you're fairly handy with a screwdriver you can unplug the subwoofer's AC power cord and remove the screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate. Then use a putty knife to loosen the amp from the cabinet and pull it away. You'll see a red wire and a black wire leading from the amp to the 12" woofer, disconnect these from the woofer's terminals. Package up the amp and send it to: Polk Service, One Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081, include a short note giving them your name, address, email address and a copy of your sales receipt. They'll quickly either repair or replace your amp.
    I hope this is helpful.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Thanks Ken. I'll do that.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    waiting wrote: »
    On Dec. 8 I tried for an hour to get through on the phone. I ended up sending an e-mail and got a quick reply assigning me a case number. But now it's been almost a week and still no response from a CS rep. Do they really have a CS department?

Yes they do and they are trying their best to keep up, but are under staffed and completely overwhelmed right now. Give them a bit more time and they will get back to you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• waiting
    Options
    My issue is that when opening the box containing a new soundbar, the digital audio cable that was supposed to be included was missing. My e-mail requested that they send me the missing cable-a very simple request. Today I received another form letter e-mail saying they've had a high volume of calls and e-mails in the last two weeks and suggesting I try calling again.

My issue is one that can easily be resolved by e-mail but apparently they didn't read my e-mail to realize that. I did try calling again today but gave up after almost 30 minutes.